Finest Post Nominations - October 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Oct 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

@Laks09 thanks for nominating my post. Its time to teach our next and current generations to maintain equality from heart not only from talks.

Rihana, Laks09, Mistt and 1 other person like this.
  2. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

@Viswamitra Thanks for nominating, lets start changing of minds

Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Nomination #6:

@Rihana

I am here to nominate @Thyagarajan Sir's thread Friend, Moon & Cemetery. Even though it is a repost, it is worth reading it. I am a big fan of his writings, his narration, and how he captures and expresses life events in a succinct way. I hope you enjoy reading his thread.

Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  4. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for bringing this narration to FP, Viswa. I first thought it was to do with cemeteries and Halloween. : )

Friend, Moon & Cemetery by @Thyagarajan

Another captivating and vivid snippet by Thyagu. We are kept on our reading seat's edge till we know the final outcome.

One loose end for me was: Did Thyagu report to work at all on his last day of duty at that location? : )

Laks09, Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Rihana

Thank you for the nomination, @chanchitra. I appreciate your bringing this balanced response to FP.

Response by @NOW in
    Why Girl Career Is Always Secondary?
    NOW's response provides some reflection on why parents treat girl's career as secondary. It then goes on to show us that the problem is more prevalent and impacts all genders and ages. NOW lists what society and parents in general can do to improve the situation. She then gives the OP there more specific ideas to follow so that OP's kids do not imbibe the wrong notions about women's careers from family around them.

What also struck me was that NOW manages all this in a fairly short response. Well done and well-written on a difficult situation.

Laks09 and chanchitra like this.
  7. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

You are welcome . Rihana
    So well explained.

8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    I used to look forward to a dose of @umaakumar for her story that started with “Saraswathi”. Now that the story has culminated at Vaithys Progress And Hostel- Chapter 5 I am going to miss reading it. It’s a three generational saga of Indian women. Unlike our long running TV soaps, the story is written with a heavy dose of reality. Uma has delved into details where needed but still managed to do it without making the story too elaborate. She has woven in subplots without losing the thread of the main storyline. Uma is such an awesome writer and it’s great to have her on IL. I would like to nominate her story of Sarasu in it’s entirety for FP.
    I would also like to thank @Thyagarajan sir for his encouragement of the writer. His inputs throughout the story did keep me engaged and give me insights into the time period.

Thyagarajan, Rihana and chanchitra like this.
  9. Rihana

Thank you Laks! I was hoping someone would nominate this wonderful series. I even thought of adding a note here that fiction stories are also welcome as nominations for FP. : )

Vaithys Progress And Hostel- Chapter 5 series by @umaakumar

It was a pleasure to read the episodes as they unfolded at a steady pace. Like many readers, I could easily relate to the characters and incidents. @MalStrom summed it up well in the thread:

Laks09, Thyagarajan and MalStrom like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:That is great cheer. This encourages the encourager to continue to encourage others’ efforts. My motto has always been to discover the virtues and talents however insignificant or trivial and motivate so that s/he get intensified urge to do better or and conquer newer levels of achieving or accomplishing.

Thank you sister for mentioning my name in right place at right time & at the right moment.

And coming to write something pertains to previous two generations juxtaposed with modern and ultra modern - remembering the ethos and pathos of those ancient times is by no means a simple task.

Sister @umaakumar had posted a serial - an outstanding work after considerable research labouring over several weeks.

God Bless.

Laks09 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.