Daily Meditation Log

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Viswamitra, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Welcome. I am glad you joined here and you are planning to update your experiences. There is another thread titled, "Mind over matter: The Meditation Club" where you can share your unique experiences in the past as well. You will enjoy reading this thread started by @Gauri03.

Thyagarajan, Anusha2917 and Gauri03 like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Day: 82 of 100
    Date: October 23, 2021
    Time: 6:03 a.m. to 6:14 a.m.
    Duration: 11 minutes
    Experience: Very calm meditative session. Mind wandered around thinking who is the observer. The other questions that ran around in my mind, who collected things that are stored inside and who gave the box that stored all of these things. After that, my mind began to think who made the decision to retain them safely inside the box and how long all these things were held. Even though it didn't get all the answers, the mind learned to remain calm without agitation.

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  3. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 2
    22-10-2021
    Duration :6mins
    Time : 6 30 -6 36 .
    Experience. : I'm glad I thought I'll start again. Trying to concentrate. Mind was everywhere but I was trying. The bell rang after 6 mins and my early morning meditation was disrupted.

Day 3 :
    23-10-2021:
    Duration :7 mins
    Time : 4 30 am - 4 40am
    Experience : I had a cricket match at 6 am. I woke up really early and wanted to catch up on meditation before rushing to the ground.
    Mainly did a focus meditation to help me be with the game. Mind was wandering with thoughts about the match .

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Day: 83 of 100 (Sunday)
    Date: October 24, 2021
    Time: 6:45 a.m. to 6:56 a.m.
    Duration: 11 minutes
    Experience: A very calming meditation session despite the anxiety about upcoming World Cup cricket match India Vs Pakistan in the morning and Buccaneers Vs Bears NFL game later in the evening. The days are becoming shorter as we are almost at the end of the day light saving. It is an incredible experience to start the day with meditation and it feels like hitting a gym at the start of the day. The mind wandered around the spiritual talk of John O'Donahue, an Irish philosopher and his profound thoughts about absence. Am I attempting to be present in the world with all associated anxieties absent? Time will tell, how I can live in the world and not of the world.

5. Viswamitra

Day: 84 of 100 (Monday)
    Date: October 25, 2021
    Time: 7:06 a.m. to 7:16 a.m.
    Duration: 10 minutes
    Experience: A very interesting meditation session. Based on this experience, I can never say with confidence that I know my mind well enough. There are so many thoughts that were burried deep underneath and it comes out only when all the peripheral thoughts are removed first. It was like finding a treasure using the clues.

6. Anusha2917

Day 4: 24-10-2021
    Duration : 10 mins
    Time: 10 30 pm to 10 40 pm.
    Experience: since I meditated befure bedtime I had a gratitude meditation. It started with introspection of the day n went with how I can be more productive in the coming week to a calm mind with no thoughts. Ended with a lot of positive energy to face the week ahead.

Day 5: 25-10-2021
    Time: 5 30 am to 5 40 am.
    Experience: back to my morning routine and did a meditation with a calm mind to face the day ahead. Everything was planned n I was trying to have a "near perfect day"

Day 6: 26-10-2021
    Time: 4:50 am to 5 : 00 am
    Experience: I'm trying my best to stick to a new routine. So when I woke up at the right time it felt good and gave me positive energy to start the meditation. I was happy I was able to get up when the alarm rang, happy I didn't switch it off n sleep. Happy that I started meditation as per schedule.
    Went very calmly with minor thoughts about the day ahead. But whatever I was trying my best to be with the flow and be with the breaths.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Day: 85 of 100 (Tuesday)
    Date: October 26, 2021
    Time: 5:55 a.m. to 6:09 a.m.
    Duration: 14 minutes
    Experience: I really lost track of time during this wonderful meditation session. Breathing cycle is pretty much where it needed to be right from the start of the session. The mind worked itself to remain calm during this period despite initial agitations. I am so happy that I am beginning to wake up early and the mind looks forward to these sessions. My mind is becoming transparent day by day.

Anusha2917 and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Anusha2917

Day 7: 27-10-2021
    Time : 5 40 am to 5 50 am
    Experience : I'm trying hard to fit into my routine and try to get everything done so that I don't regret/feel guilty later. Tasks I'm unable to finish I'm introspecting and trying to understand why I'm unable to do and accept that I'm not a superwoman to do everything. Since I'm trying to do my best I am able to pass those thoughts of guilt while meditating. Able to concentrate more on the breadth and focus better.

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Day: 86 of 100 (Wednesday)
    Date: October 27, 2021
    Time: 5:49 a.m. to 6:03 a.m.
    Duration: 14 minutes
    Experience: An unresolved issue was lingering in my mind the whole of yesterday and it carried forward in my mind when I woke up early. In a way, I felt good that lingering though helped me wake up early and do meditation. But during meditation, the mind magically calmed itself down removing my worries and brought in positivity that it would be resolved one way or the other in the future. The amount of benefits I enjoy through meditation is enormous.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  10. MadhuRK

MadhuRK Silver IL'ite

Day: Its always Day-1
    Date: October 27, 2021
    Time: 6.30 a.m. to 7:09 a.m.
    Duration: 39 minutes
    Experience: Past few days, my mind had been disturbed by many fears and insecurities. Today I got a chance to meet them in the meditation session. Came out of the session with 2 convictions : 1. I need to work harder and be more disciplined about my spiritual growth and not treat it as a part-time fantasy. 2. All my fears, insecurities will be taken care of. Once I surrender those worries, those are not mine to carry and fret about anymore. I can be quite worry-free. Its literally impossible for me to worry myself out of these fears. I need to keep reinforcing the train analogy to this monkey-mind.

Anusha2917 and Viswamitra like this.