Pregnancy - week 6

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Kriga, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Kirthi,

Yes Cocoa intake is okay during pregnancy . No side effects at all. So enjoy your nesquick and if you like indulge in chocolates and hot chocolates.

You can even have coffee but limit it to 1 cup per day.

Vandhana

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi congragulations to both of you.

As already stated. some dont have morning sickness, nausea or any of the other symptoms. it is a smooth sailing. lucky people. enjoy it. getting tired is normal as your body is adjusting to hormonal and physical changes inside you. i had nausea and sickness till the 9th month.

but coming back to the food, i think foods that give excessive heat are avoided. foods like til/sesame, papaya. to name two. i think the list will come ...

do walk. it is best exercise. eat healthy and exercise. be relaxed. the best things to a smooth pregnancy and healthy baby.

shanthi.

3. Hopefloats

Hopefloats New IL'ite

hi kriga, sridevi and radi

congratulations!!!!!!

I am also 6 weeks pregnant....and today i just happened to ask my doctor whether to avoid papaya but she said papaya has a lot of vitamin A and asked me not to avoid it. She says miscarriages are not linked to the food we eat. She has asked me to try all the fruits and vegetables.

Lets all eat well, do exercise, have normal delivery and bonny babies and at the same time enjoy pregnancy....

I have already started throwing my weight around....nowadays hubby dear wakes first, makes tea and then wakes me up :2thumbsup:.... i am decided to enjoy while it lasts:-D

love
    Hopefloats

1 person likes this.
  4. parimalapalani

parimalapalani Junior IL'ite

Pregnancy - week 14

Hi,

week 14 is starting for me. Still i have vomitting and morning sickness. I couldnt eat properly anything. I can eat only curd rice. is that fine. am afraid of baby.
    Could you please suggest some good food item. I couldnt eat any masala related items.

I am staying alone in texas. Its been 3 months i didnt eat rice with kuzhambu(sambar n all) .

am really worried about baby. I couldnt eat any veggies. Please suggest me how to overcome this problem

Thanks in Advance

Pari

5. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Pari,

Congratulations on the pregnancy !
    Nausea and morning sickness will slowly reduce dont worry.. Try to think what you feel like eating , even if its outside food dont worry , eat whatever you feel like..
    Dont restrict on food or curd rice.. If you dont like masala then go for Pongal or rava upma with veges or something like this..
    Veges are important .. dont avoid it.. vomiting and nausea increases on empty stomach, so keep munching on something .. Try Salt biscuits or wheat biscuits .. they are safe to munch on all day long..