Tough Nut To Crack

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Thyagarajan, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:
    TOUGH NUT TO CRACK

upload_2021-10-20_14-30-58.png

How to break coconut
    In near perfect
    Two
    Pieces?
    &
    How to extract entire
    Quantity
    Of
    It’s sweet water
    Without any spillage?​
    Coconut remind one lot of things. It could be in kitchen and when used in recipes it gives sweet smell . It’s oil too when warmed up to smoke point. It’s oil is moisturiser and when slightly warmed and slathered on skin and heels would give health benefits.

Here, I wish to say about eyes of the coconut which one can see on one side of the nut taken out from of its exterior kernel. The three eyes are supposed to represent eyes of Lord Shiva. Could this be the reason for devotees of Lord including this nut in their offerings to at temples and in other religious ceremonies & rituals? There is divinity attached to it.

Two of them normal & the other is positioned centrally invisible between the eyebrows on the forehead of Lord Shiva.

Out of three eyes on the coconut - two are relatively hard compared to the third one which is soft and easy to pierce. One can pierce it easily with sharp tool akin to screwdriver. After piercing in this manner, collect the sweet water from the hole made by inverting it and pouring it directly into a tall wide container.

To break the coconut, first observe the three strong lines equi-spaced over the nut, running from one end to the other. Ensure coconut held in palm firmly and the gentle strike falls on these three strong line in succession. Got it. Two near perfect semis of coconut just in your palm. No chaotic movements. No projectiles no trajectories.

This nut is supposed to be biggest nut and the size of hugeness varies from latitude to latitude. In Malaysia or Thailand or yazhpanam in Sri Lanka one would findsize of raw coconut is three to five times those seen in India.

I read some where that a kernel removed whole coconut kept in fridge (or freezer?) would make the brown skin get detached from white coconut and gets attached to shell! I have not yet physically checked this.

Some decades before it was held that coconut consumption would add to LDL but modern research is of the opposite view. However it is to be noted that when coconut in curries overheated might produce carcinogens.

My mom used to insist that the grated coconut is strewn over beans curry only after 5he curry is ready & removed from pan and transferred to another container.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Coconut reminds many IL. Members of coconut bharfi- copra kA burfi - posted by @GeetaKashyap and it won her maiden monthly FP & name banner BANNER In Nov 2017.

A very good narration of burfi making by her beloved mother for the next day Wedding anniversary of daughter & birth anniversary of another daughter and that day her mother reached the lotusfeet of the Lord.
    The Kobbari Mithai My Mother Made

(Even on the night she passed away, she had prepared this Kobbari Mithai as the next day was very special to her; one daughter’s wedding anniversary and another daughter’s birthday! After a normal day of work, she made the sweet late at night, she went to bed as usual but about an hour later, she woke up with sudden suffocation and within the next 10 minutes, on the way to the hospital she quietly passed away, without giving a chance to anyone to save her)

Mistt likes this.