1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

My thoughts where when you are dealing with such a taboo subject, they could have written a story so many different ways. The way Sruthi approaches men was not very practical or real it looked like just made up for the movie yes Shruti Hariharan is pretty and her acting was very natural.

Rihana likes this.
  2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    I felt interested and watched that movie after reading your review here:smile:. He asked about her husband but she didn't ask his marital status.
    Most of the Extra marital affairs don't based on emotional needs and moreover she doesn't want to re marry to fulfill her physical needs. I think that's why she had chosen married person but she never think about his family. It was weird.
    Suresh became very soft towards his wife in the end due to guilty.
    Good to know that The film had its world premiere in the India Story category and was nominated for the Oxfam Best film on Gender Equality Award at the 20th Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival.
    Nathicharami won five awards at the 66th National film awards in 2019. National Award For Best Female Playback Singer, Best Lyricist, and Best editing . The movie also won best Kannada film for the year.

Rihana likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I did my usual search on the lead pair's other movies. Felt very sad to read that the actor who plays Suresh role is Sanchari Vijay who passed away in June this year in a motorbike accident. :pensive: He was a month shy of his 38th birthday...

Kannada actor Sanchari Vijay dies, family decides to donate organs

4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Oh, sad to hear about him.

5. Rihana

Watched it after reading your recommendation, Amica. Nice simple feel-good movie. The girl's unwitting costume when skating in the competition was just adorable and so emblematic.

Amica likes this.
  6. Rihana

This thread hasn't been updated for two months now! Is there another thread where movie recommendations are getting posted?

I watched Shiddat (Hindi) last week. imdb rating is 8.0 which seems to be a deserved rating. It stars Sunny Kaushal (Vicky Kaushal's brother) who has acted well. The female lead, Radhika Madan has done a so-so job.

The story about a man's passionate, obsessive or strong love is well handled, and nicely offset by a parallel love story about Mohit Raina & Diana Penty. The main ending of the story is also done well.

But the last five minutes of the movie were irritating as they bent over backwards to portray toxic positivity.
    "Toxic positivity is the belief that no matter how dire or difficult a situation is, people should maintain a positive mindset. It's a "good vibes only" approach to life."
    A good one overall. I watched it on einthusan. Apparently it is on Disney+Hotstar.

meepre and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Watched Jiivi tamil movie. The movie was released in 2019 but I watched it only yesterday in prime.

Excellent movie. A thriller well made. The lead actor is better in this movie. He was one reason I put off the movie for this long since his performance in the first movie was really really bad. But glad he has improved though he has a long way to go.
    Do watch the movie. It has everything to keep you entertained. Loved how the hero finishes the triangle. Can't explain further since its a thriller. Karunakaran as the heroes friend has as always done a good job. Rohini and mime gopi has also acted well. After watching this movie searched for the other movies of the writer. surprisingly this is his first movie. Eagerly waiting for his next movies.

8. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Kodiyil oruvan. Masala commercial movie. I didn't like it much.

Deepu04 likes this.
  9. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I had read an article about Tollywood director Lakshmi Sowjanya and really impressed with her real life story. It made me to watch her debut directorial movie " Varudu Kavalenu" on Sunday. Director LS presented a feel good movie and it kept me engaged until the end. Reethu Varna and Naga Shourya had a good chemistry and they carried the movie so gracefully. I liked the gentle twist in the middle of the movie and some dialogues are worth to memorize. I liked 2 songs in that movie too.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    Rihana likes this.
  10. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Kaanekkanne - excellent malayalam thriller. Suraj did his best acting and Tovino thomas too.
    Malayalam movies top the list always which are close to reality and touching the hearts.
    Movie is slow but justified of the subject. We can easily connect when they showcase how the human mind acts and changes. End is also fantastic - Acceptance and move forward. BOBBY AND SANJAY are the story writers who gave many successful films like Mumbai police,how old are you, ayalum njanum thammil etc.
    Please watch the movie and you will feel good.Available in einthusan.

stayblessed likes this.