1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hate Begets Hate

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Oct 3, 2021.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

This is one side of the story. Islamic countries in Asia are under constant threat from the western power who have been exploiting them for their natural resources, mainly oil. They did it in Africa for diamonds. This is one of the reasons for Muslim radicalization. We have
    There have been many cases of Indians attacked and killed in America and they were not
    Muslims. We have seen two world wars and both were started by you now who, not Muslims.
    Caste, color, religion have been the cause of spreading hatred.
    Hatred does not seem to be having a religious angel. People hate people for no reason at all and that brings more hatred.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

N
    No. Blame it on the guy and his parents.

beautifullife30 and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. chanchitra

more indians were killed in australia than america

Thyagarajan and HariLakhera like this.
  4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

And they too are not Muslims.

Thyagarajan and chanchitra like this.
  5. chanchitra

No idea.
    But What are you trying to say?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

I like your title. 'Hate begets Hate'. Its true almost everytime. I believe one of the reasons why Gandhi got the title Mahatma is because, he believed in this ideology and went that extra mile to show love instead. He tried uniting everyone under one umbrella. Secularism played the main role here to ensure everyone is happy in their places and no enemity between people. It helped our country then. But is it helping now?

Does Love beget Love?

If so, then why are Aamir Khan's movie peddling a select narrative where Hindu gods and scriptures are continuously insulted and disrespected? Hasn't the country shown nothing but love for Aamir Khan? Why is he complaining of intolerance when this country has shown him nothing but tolerance for all the nonsense movies he makes and throws on a majority Hindu nation and still complains that he feels threatened and intolerant.

Actually i feel the reason why people are now against Gandhi is not for his ideology of standing together but for his actions of making only one community show their patience and tolerance while not holding any other communities accountable for their actions! Ideally shouldn't secularism be a two-way street? Why is only one community asked to show tolerance? Why is only one community's sone modified? Why are only one community people asked to sacrifice while everyone else enjoys the benefit of the sacrifice!

I am a Hindu. I have a Bible and a Quran in my house. I encourage my children to read all these books. And i know a lot of Hindus who are like this and have bible and Quran and treat everything equally.

But will I find a single Geeta in the other population's house? If so how many?

We all saw how Hanumanji holding a book on his thigh placed by that community person caused the riots to erupt in Bangladesh.

My grandfather studied at Christ King Matriculation, my mother at St. Theresa's and i studied at St.Francis. My grandfather talks highly of his school and he was not shown any discrimination. My mom says her school taught her songs on Saraswathi Devi. My college got people from the West (US) who were dressed in Salwar Kameez and told me that they were doing a research on culture and asked me a few questions and in the end told me to convert to Christianity so i dont go to hell. Is this secularism? Is this what a college is supposed to do?

My husband's colleagues at Dell specially the muslims formed their own group and he tells me how at every match that is played, they support Pakistan. They watch only Pakistani serials and talk out loud about hating India. They live in India, enjoy the minority benefits and talk bad about the country.

Yes, i watched those debates which you call as Hate mongering. Are they really telling us to hate or are they desparately trying to set the record straight?

I know people are now asking why talk about History when the future is to be looked at. But isnt history which gives us the direction in which the future is to follow? My children don't know the meaning of true sacrifice, the effort it takes to achieve independence, are living in a world where the country they are born in is spoken badly about. Ask anyone what their dream destination is, it is always either US, Europe or Australia. Why not India, the country they are born in. Where is the respect for India if i am continuously made to read a wrong narrative, wrong ideology about what my country stands for! If this is how things are going to progress, then why shouldn't we correct the history?

Have my children learnt about the rich and the diverse history of how our civilisation started and eventually arrived at the later colonial exploits, maybe it would have made sense. But the current structure and the present society are outright making my children feel bad for being a Hindu Brahmin.

Our people specially the Hindus are made to feel apologetic for no mistake of theirs. My children are made to feel that being a brahmin is bad due to some deliberately misconstrued and twisted narrative set by the colonial rulers that Brahmins are bad. Is that the truth? I just have to watch a Tamil channel to know how people talk about Brahminism or how the temples are bad, or how Hindu is not a religion at all, or how being a devout Hindu is being looked down upon.

My uncle who works in a government organisation doesnt talk to his colleagues about the discourses he goes to or his love for temples....reason he says he will be looked down upon. Is a Christian made to feel apologetic about going to Church every Sunday? Is a muslim made to feel about praying 5 times a day? If no, then why should a Hindu be made to feel bad about going to a temple or enjoying a discourse?

My unofficially Chisristian converted Hindu friend, who enjoys the Quota/ reservation system benefits but loves only the Church questions me every time before eating my lunch if the coconut chutney i made is made out of prasad coconut or a non-prasad coconut. Is this what secularism is? Is this what they should be taught at Church? And just go through the below article once.

Roads are secular; they should be used by people of all religions: Madras high court | Chennai News - Times of India

As a Hindu and a citizen of India, if i am not allowed freedom to express my views without being mocked at, and do what i want without being objected, where else can i claim that right?

Yes, Hate begets hate. But on the other hand, love doesnt beget love. Love and tolerance is misunderstood as incapability and cowardice in this nation currently!

Saadhu mirandal kaadu kolladhu! and Porumaikkum oru ellai undu!

SunPa, chanchitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

#26 @beautifullife30
    Wow. Valid arguments.
    Tamilnadu electricity for hindu temples no concession in tariff whereas mosques elecricity supplied subsidised!

Tax payers money set aside as ad hoc for pilgrimage to Mecca but no such govt funds allocated to pilgrims to Kasi (Varanasi) or Rameswaram.
    Hindu temple funds embezzled and or spent for other purposes instead of temple needs such as renovation and development. In Kerala a group formed to request devotees not to drop coins and currencies in temple HUNDIS and stop donations in any form to temples but only drop petitions to God on paper!

Hinduism is not in the business of conversion. To avail concessions and reservations announced by social governments for minorities poor and indigents or the impoverished among society took the bait of conversion to other religion.

Commerce & the chola kings had taken Hinduism to other South EastAsia & to Greece Rome in western parts of the world. But never engaged in bush of converting locals to Hindus!

As of today no big shots of Muslims or Christians donated funds to carona fund. Irrespective of religion, for vaccination of citizens, govt of India incurred unprecedented expenses. Multi nationals set shop in India by Christian and Muslim Nations are still wondering whether to contribute at all.
    Look at the way others donors - non Muslims non Christians cos - flooded this fund.
    upload_2021-10-22_12-33-5.jpeg

upload_2021-10-22_12-34-4.jpeg
    upload_2021-10-22_12-35-21.jpeg
    upload_2021-10-22_12-36-16.jpeg
    upload_2021-10-22_12-37-30.jpeg
    But world around knows how funds of vatican & from selected Arab nations used against non Muslim non Christian nations’ citizens. Even Sinhalese too employ heinous methods to disturb hindu temples and Hindus in their nation.

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

This reminds me of Mahathma’s averment
    Ram is in Ramzan & Ali is In Diwali
    But now a naughty boy says God Is in Godse.

9. chanchitra

No social media never ever covers the atrocities on hindus.
    The recent happenings in Bangladesh are not covered by major newspapers. The isckon and Bangladeshi hindu council were tweeting about the killings in Twitter. Twitter has deleted their accounts. So much for freedom of speech.
    The pain of being called a talibani is very very less than actually getting beaten/killed or raped.

10. chanchitra

Thank you so very much for this sensible post