Please Suggest Career Options/ideas After Baby

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Sweety2019, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    Hope everyone is doing well.
    I would like to know career options or ideas (conventional or non conventional) for a woman after a baby.

Situation: I am already in a technical engineering job right now. But it is quite demanding with overtime and deadlines. Right now my parents are looking after the kid. Once I shift to my in-laws I don't think I would have any peace of mind going to such demanding job, since support from them would be miniscule. And my office doesn't provide wfh options which becomes even more difficult, and the baby is less than a year.
    I can try for awhile and see how it works, but would like to have other options ( if I have to start preparing or training myself for it)
    One of the biggest reason I would like to keep some kind of job is financial independence.

Can anyone please suggest any ideas.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Flexjobs.com could be tried.
    In the gig economy many take up job on contract basis and that gives flexibility to work and at the same time earn money.
    There are companies needs service from outside to get their company manufacturing Is certification. You need to know certain basics.
    One can explore in google. If you prefer digital work from home, just give insertion in the classifieds about your exp and Your expectations. I suggest these presuming you are in India.
    With best wishes
    T

Sweety2019 likes this.
  3. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Are you a s/w engg? h/w engg? mostly h/w embedded engineers who use labs have no choice but visiting office.

Below options if you want to continue in your profile
    1.Look out for companies that has wfh options.
    2.Find a baby sitter, parents or in-laws no need to look after the baby throughout. jmo
    3.Ask for a role/project change within the current org (which you think will be less demanding)

If you would like to change your career path,
    4.Do some certification from a reputed governing body(not coursera kinda) But that would be more challenging as you have to prove in that new role which again could be more demanding.

Typical suggestion-Take a break for a while which ll be good for your health and the growing baby.

But after baby it's always an extra mile, extra run and it's entirely a new journey. See what works for you better. Enjoy motherhood :)

Sweety2019 and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

You could shift to a different role with wfh option..but if that involves being a fresher or newbie in that field or a compromise in your career then consider all factors before taking it up. How about changing the company, some companies give more flexibility than others. Definitely you need a baby sitter irrespective of what job you take up. Baby is less than a year old, without nanny’s support you won’t be able to manage.

Sweety2019 likes this.
  5. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

@Thyagarajan : thank you sir will check the website. Yes I am from India.

@Tubinbataye : I am in h/w sector.. during the corona period getting a sitter is a little difficult, and they are quite expensive in metro city,which only I will have to bear. Even I would like to take a break and try after awhile, but there are issues where I will have to justify any money spent even if it a necessity. Thank you ma'am trying to push through the extra mile

@Needtobestrong: the field I am in all companies have the same policy of work and other companies are more tedious at work. Yes will surely try to consider all options. Thank you

6. Thyagarajan

:hello:I happen to see this ad on sep 19th of this year. Just a screen shot below. I would suggest OP to explore TAKING DUE PRECAUTIONS. I HAVEN’t checked up their credentials.

Happy Saraswathi & Vijayadashami day.

Regards.

Sweety2019 likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

8. Sweety2019

Sweety2019 Silver IL'ite

Thyagarajan likes this.