Daily Meditation Log

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Viswamitra, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Day: 75 of 100 (Saturday)
    Date: October 16, 2021
    Time: 7:05 a.m. to 7:17 a.m.
    Duration: 12 minutes
    Experience: Friday was a very pleasant day for me even though I ended up working until late night. Fulfillment in my mind carried over to the meditation this morning. The mind stayed calm most of the time and towards the end, it reached a great level of tranquility.

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  2. Viswamitra

Day: 76 of 100 (Sunday)
    Date: October 17, 2021
    Time: 7:57 a.m. to 8:08 a.m.
    Duration: 11 minutes
    Experience: Everything I read, listen, talk, smell, and touch have profound impact in my mind throughout the day. I was reading a book titled "The Circadian Code" written by Satchin Panda since Friday and it is having a profound impact in my mind. My mind remained calm throughout the session but kept analyzing where I am drifting away from what is said in the book.

3. Viswamitra

Day: 77 of 100 (Monday)
    Date: October 18, 2021
    Time: 7:09 a.m. to 7:19 a.m.
    Duration: 10 minutes
    Experience: My mind is looking forward to this meditation session. It remains calm during the session with no vagaries. Interestingly, it chooses one thought and analyze it thoroughly. But it doesn't set a goal or expectation about the outcome.

4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 70 to 78 :
    OMG I just realise I haven't meditated for 9 days . Days were hectic with so many other chores. Even though app was sending out reminders, lack of sleep and other priorities kept me away from meditation.

Day 79: 18-10-2021 .
    Duration : 10+ mins
    Time : 3:15 to 3 45 pm
    Long long break but I'm glad I got back .
    It was a sleep meditation I did in the afternoon. Mind was agitated. I was angry at myself for not being regular at this task. I wanted to slowly get back to rhythm. So went for a sleep music. Just lying down Listened to music n slept for 30 mins. Mind slowly skipped into a sleep state after much disturbance.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Day: 78 of 100 (Tuesday)
    Date: October 19, 2021
    Time: 7:10 a.m. to 7:21 a.m.
    Duration: 11 minutes
    Experience: Most importantly, the mind is looking forward to the meditation session every day. The agitation in mind is no longer there and I felt very light. No dominant worries in my mind. Breathing cycle was routine. I feel very fresh after the meditation.

6. Viswamitra

Day: 79 of 100 (Wednesday)
    Date: October 20, 2021
    Time: 6:54 a.m. to 7:07 a.m.
    Duration: 13 minutes
    Experience: Inhalation and exhalation are getting deeper with a great sense of commitment. Watching my breathing is a great exercise as it is not regulated by my conscious mind. When the focus increases towards the breathing cycle, thoughts are destroyed by the concentration of the mind. I am grateful to those who taught these methods of meditation as a great way to destroy the unwanted thoughts in the mind.

7. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Day 1 of 100:
    21-10-2021
    Because I have been so irregular in the previous 100 days series I am thinking to restart and try to be 80% regular.
    Duration : 10 mins.
    Time : 6 : 20am to 6 : 30 am.
    Experience : Irregularity has been my enemy. Sometimes it's difficult to keep a routine with my lil one. So many uncertainies wrt her sleep and wake up window. Even I'm lacking discipline in doing other day to day activities. So I decided to start again afresh.
    Today it was so much guilt while meditating.I'm guilty because I'm irregular, I lack discipline, lack focus , I'm directionless in my thoughts, I lack clarity - so many reasons to be guilty. Hoping I work on these areas and able to bring some self diacipline.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Day: 80 of 100 (Thursday)
    Date: October 21, 2021
    Time: 6:58 a.m. to 7:08 a.m.
    Experience: Morning hours are excellent to do meditation. One of these days, I am going to drive down to the nearest but one of the much talked about beaches and do meditation during Sunrise. My mind gets to calm state quickly by practice. Thought waves are similar to the waves in the ocean and as I go deeper, it begins to stop.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. MadhuRK

MadhuRK Silver IL'ite

New to this thread, but I love the updates. Want to share my background before I share the hopefully frequent updates.

I've been meditating on and off for about a year now and I absolutely love the many variations these sessions take. I embrace all of them with the humbling knowledge that I'm possibly reversing the course I've taken for 3.5 decades in this birth and God knows how many more decades from past.

Small baby steps and I'm so grateful for the results.

The most consistent observation I have is : These sessions are so revealing and so calming.

Most obvious side-effect : I've become largely calm towards external stimuli of all kinds.

Not triggered as often, no major outbursts, no major mental tantrums. I've become more accepting and indifferent to the drama that happens externally. There is a deep dark silence internally that feels more appealing because its more consistent than the external world.

My favorite time of the day to meditate : 5.30 to 6.45 in the morning. This is if I get lucky by waking up at 4.30 AM and finish yoga and chai by 5.30 :)

Frequency : Consistently 1 or 2 days a week. I'll be lucky to get 3-4 days a week.

Weekends are the best because no office and no need to wake up kid and husband to get ready for school. I can easily go past the 6.45 AM time-zone :)

Most interesting session : One day I was meditating sitting in my coat-closet. I was actually watching myself falling asleep and snoring away. It was hilarious. Who was watching ?

Please keep the updates coming.

10. Viswamitra

Day: 81 of 100 (Friday)
    Date: October 22, 2021
    Time: 7:15 a.m. to 7:25 a.m.
    Experience: A very calm meditation session. The agitating mind learns itself how to remain calm when we train it to remain calm. Time elapsed was so quick and it felt as though I lost 10 minutes of my life. Deeper the mind goes, calmer it becomes as it approaches a serene place to be. The worldly disturbances ceases to exist deep inside.