Do "spirits" Exist?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Anika,
    I don't have any experiences with ghosts but I feel there are ghosts when I hear/read/ about haunted houses and people's experiences with ghosts. I believe in a few have extra sense of feel the presence of ghosts and even some have power to communicate with them.
    Leave the topic of do ghosts exist or not exist but you have that scary feeling settled in your mind. So, you need to find the solution which gives you positive energy and move away your fear. Do chant hanuman chalisa and keep hanuman photo or hanuman chalisa next to your bed. Keep night light in your bed room as sleeping in dark also sometimes scares you. Don't watch or read horror stories.

3. Tamrakshar

Tamrakshar Platinum IL'ite

That was scary and very well narrated SGBV! I will also share my experience in detail in future.

KashmirFlower, Mistt and maalti like this.
  4. anivijay

anivijay Gold IL'ite

Not to scare you. Just sharing my experience shortly.

We moved to a rented house. 3 houses in our building
    Top floor occupied by bachelors and we never see them. Some family came to first floor and vacated within a week.

My mom and sister visited us and my sister had a dream of a 4 year old boy riding my sons tri cycle. My mom saw an old man near the toilet just for a second in night. Another day she had a dream a woman with nose ring came to kiss my daughter. She told me about these dreams and asked me to pray every day and something is not right. My husband made jokes about my mom's imagination skills.

Then one day my 5 year old son woke up in morning and asked us where is that boy? We asked which boy and he said he saw a small boy came to bedroom and came closer to him. The details he said matched with my sister's dream. My husband still didn't believe.

Long story short, we decided to move abroad and last day so many incidents happened. After all those he went to neighbours house to tell them good bye. He rushed us out of the house and so tensed. After a month, he told me an old man,his daughter and her son set fire on themselves in that land(before they built this house). And all my mom told were true.

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Was it in a dream of chef?
    Is it booth or kali ? Neither.
    It is mahishasuran annnihilated by a dagger by Mahakali. This image is three D and made of chocolate by ITC chef in Kolkatta. It was kept in display at foyer of their hotel in Kolkata.

upload_2021-10-18_17-18-21.png

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
    anika987 likes this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Scary! I think some of the souls who murdered, committed suicide wander around that place. They don't do harm to unknown persons but try to take revenge.

7. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

Because it's Halloween time here :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:. Just kidding. I do believe spirits exist. they are in an emotionless state and waiting to be born again.

@SGBV well pointed about science and a very scary experience indeed.
    I think you are stressed or watched some horror movie recently. What's in your subconscious mind is coming out.

I did my Masters in ananthapur and the student residence and teachers quarters was built on a graveyard. there used to be lots of trees around and very dark while coming into the hostel grounds from outside [as it was on a highway] and walking to the hostel after coming back from research work outside was traumatic for me. I literally ran to the hostel when I was alone. I had to study for my exams and was up until 4 AM and used to look around nervously in the corridor and at the grilled window outside and study because i was the only one in the corridor. Nothing much happened though by the Grace of GOD.

But when I was around 8 or 9 yrs old, we were in Bombay near Linking road [the most popular shopping area] in a bank building which was filled with people and kids and used to be very kalakalannu. my dad used to come late and my mom used to go out with my aunt for shopping leaving me home alone. I had no siblings at that time. Being alone scared me and I used to stand only in the balcony because i could see people. whenever i looked inside the room, I used to see a horrible scary face pop out from the side of the wall adjourning the bathroom. I had to cross that area to go to the living room to open the door in case anyone rings the bell. This was such a traumatic experience for me at that time. Just writing this brings back those memories. But after we moved to madras in a few years, i never saw that kind of face but has always been scared to sleep alone. Even now:pensive: I cannot sleep alone. If my DH is out on a trip, I call my kids to sleep with me. So that got me scarred for life.

My grandma's brother used to have bad experiences long long time ago. This was in the 50's or 60's I think. He was working in a steel factory and did late nights. He used to come home late in his bicycle. There was an area he said was haunted and sometimes his bicycle would not move how much ever he pushed or peddled. He used light a cigarette it seems as fire warded off the spirits. My grandma also has had experiences. So there is something.

So I am on a wall here, i do believe that spirits exist but also believe that sometimes it is all in your head. Say Hanuman Chalisa regularly and keep Hanuman pic beside you when u sleep.

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Why did u see that horrible scary face?Do you still think it was an imagination? or some shadow things

and you were alone in the enitre corridor!:eek: I would have fainted..

madhat likes this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

wow...tat is scary...

10. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

I am not sure why i saw that scary face. It used to do like a peekabo. The worst thing was it used to smile. :fearscream: And why I never told this to my mom, I still don't know. If I had mentioned it to her, maybe she wouldn't have left me alone. I used to to a dash across that area to go to open the door for someone. pheww.. that was some experience I had.

yes, I was alone in the corridor because i had too much to study and everyone went to sleep after midnight. Thankfully nothing unusual happened. I used to look nervously outside at the darkness at the open grilled space which was like a big balcony with grills.

anika987 likes this.