1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Colleague Is Exposed

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by SGBV, Oct 15, 2021.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

After almost a year of staying indoors, i stepped out of the house to handover certain official documents at one of our branches today.

I am fully vaccinated with Pfizer vaccine. Wore double surgical masks.
    But i had to travel with another colleague in our office car - which was closed (AC on)
    She too was wearing a mask. Used sanitizers etc...
    We were in the car for nearly 45 mins.

Now that i heard from sources that, this particular colleague was a close contact to another covid positive case.
    She is asymptomatic right now. Not sure whether she will catch covid or not.
    She has been fully vaccinated too (Astra Zeneaka)
    But she apparently shared food & water with that covid patient 2-3 days back without knowing her illness.

Only today that 3rd person was ill, tested positive and now this colleague of mine being one of the close contacts was alerted.

I feel upset for sharing my car with her today.

I'll have to wait 3-4 days to take antigen & then PCR, though no one has asked me to do so.

I am scared.

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

@SGBV you have been a secondary contact n not primary. Had this post come a year back I would have supported n understood your fear. But now vaccinations are in place n even worst case the person whom u were in contact tests positive n you do test positive (which you wouldn't given that you are vaccinated) do not fear. Covid is like any other flu n the anti biotics work well if you are in a decent health condition (with no Co morbidities) . How the isolation rules are in your country now I'm not sure. That can be a lil frustrating. But as such no need to get upset n fear for covid now. You have taked precautions and life is limping back to normalcy. So don't worry.

sarvantaryamini and BhumiBabe like this.
  3. Trustcarelove

Trustcarelove Silver IL'ite

You will be in close contact and chances of getting infected only if your colleague who shared the car with you tests positive.

4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Hi @SGBV
    Don’t worry. And don’t be scared. Although this news is definitely concerning, since you are fully vaccinated with Pfizer, even if you get sick it will be mild so don’t be scared.

But now is definitely the time to start taking precautions so you don’t unwittingly transmit it to any unvaccinated loved ones who because of age or underlying conditions are more at risk.

If I were you I would start quarantine immediately and separate myself from those groups right away for their safety. Wear a mask at home, minimize contact, stay in a separate room etc for next few days till you are able to get tested. And if those test results are negative you’re fine. And if not observe the quarantine for 14 remaining days.

Don’t worry. And don’t be scared. Even if you got infected if you observe some simple precautions right away you will ensure yours and your family safety. Good luck!

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I would not worry. Both of you are vaccinated and yours is only a secondary exposure, if you can call it that. I work in a healthcare system and if we are fully vaccinated we don’t have to quarantine even if we have a known direct exposure. We are recommended to get tested 3-5 days after exposure and wear a mask till we get results. This is according to CDC guidelines for direct exposure and yours is secondary. I would not worry.

6. peet1983

peet1983 Silver IL'ite

Nothing to worry, Both were wearing mask and very less chances that you get infected even she was positive at that time. Still you can self isolate yourself for 4-5 days from last contact if you live with family. Wear mask as much as possible.

Take care

7. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

@SGBV you took all necessary precautions, what else can you do? How long can people be isolated? Don't be scared. Just pray and leave it to divinity. Not all things are under a human's control. Just fyi, the vaccine increases probability of survival, it will not prevent anyone from getting Covid. Everyone has to face that at some point. As someone mentioned, even a normal flu can be painful. I got flu 3-4 times in the last 5 years, pre-covid and once during covid time( not covid virus ). Whenever I got it, it was terrible, I would have bad body aches and fever, sneezing and coughing, having chills. Not a pleasant experience at all. And once, for no reason, I had severe sneezing and breathlessness at night for 45 days straight, I needed two brands of anti-allergens and yet it did not go away. I did some nasal cleaning on a yoga instructor's and it went away in 3 days. No one can predict or control germs or the body's reaction to it. You will be fine, don't worry.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021