Finest Post Nominations - September 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Sep 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana - The most important aspect of September is that finally kids are in school and moms get a break. This is when we do our morning drop offs and sit down with a cuppa and spend some time online. I have this friend who is a prolific photo taker. She takes a million photos, picks the best, fixes the color and other aspects and uses some filters to finally post these pictures. She never lets me take pictures because I point and shoot and post. @anika987 has posted her entire shooting saga at A Daring Truth.. . It reminded me of my friend. She too quit social media to get away from the obsession of taking the perfect picture and posting it online. Anika’s post reminds us of the down sides of social media. Like anything else online, moderation is the best policy. I’d love to nominate this post for the finest post.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thank you laks:)

Laks09, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viswa, thank you for bringing @sweety127's post How To Make A Marriage More Equal Instead Of Burdening The Bride And Her Family? to FP.

Indian matrimony sites increasingly utilize AI to help find a spouse or groom. There was also an Emmy-nominated Netflix show on Indian Matchmaking. However, for some women, the man's side's dominance during the wedding and beyond hasn't altered much. @sweety127 has has written well on the issue and ways to address it.

"This may help unmarried girls gain perspective..." she says.
    I agree and hope it helps unmarried girls.

Laks09, Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Laks09 for nominating A Daring Truth.. by @anika987.

It is another light yet thought-provoking writing from anika. So true too. I was nodding my head and smiling ruefully as I read it. Been there done that a hundred times, right from taking a ton of pictures, posting on FB and checking on the Likes. The last sentence there summarizes the solution quite well:
    It’s been sometime since i deactivated Facebook and life is so much better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.