1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Deposit Money And Tantrums.

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Tubinbataye, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

I dont kno here should I post this.
    I vacated my rental place couple of months back as my rental agreement was also ending.The landlord lives in a different state. When I decided to move out,I was trying to inform my landlord but he didnt pick or respond to my messages for a week. Then I tried his wife no and got the news that he is been hospitalised due to covid. Couple of people visited to occupy but none turned out. I vacated few days before the agreement expires.
    Exactly a week before the agreement ends I called landlord wife to check on my deposit amount, she said he passed away few days back and am asking for my deposit.(actually yelled at me) I was shocked to hear the news. No one from the apt society knew this news,as landlord, his wife are not in good terms with any of the neighbours in the society.
    I can understand their situation but I have my own needs and also It's a pretty huge amount(1.5lacs)
    I dint force her to give it right away atleast some commitment. It's been 2 months since I vacated that place and I honestly dont want to follow up with her on my deposit and everytime I call her she just yell like anything as if I have did something to them. She is like if someone occupies then I can get my deposit back.In this covid situation already there are many apt unoccupied. My known circle says I should reach out to police for help,as she is always rude and and use extreme words. I sometime have to control my temper for her response considering her loss. What should I do in this situation?

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Above all - it is important not to lose hope!
    If u r residing in India , I would suggest lodge complaint with police besides consult an advocate for issuing demand notice.
    If you had agreement with her late husband, it is necessary to check whether legally notice could be issued in the name of spouse of the land Lord.
    Regards.
    God Bless.

Tubinbataye likes this.
  3. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Thank you sir.The property is in the wife name only. All rental agreements signed by her only. Her rudeness is just going beyond control. I'll do a notice and see where it lands.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. lakshmi888

lakshmi888 Silver IL'ite

are you single woman because in india, some landlords try to trouble single woman for deposit return.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Yeah,I'm single,but in this scenario I dont think that as a reason, coz the person who lived there before me was also single and there was no issues for the settlement. Now,It's just her h passed away due to covid all this chaos and mess.