1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where Is Balram

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by maalti, Sep 23, 2021.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

“Did you see Balram?” my wife asked me anxiously. “No, I haven’t seen him from the morning” I replied. “He didn’t eat properly in the morning and I have kept food for him but he has not come to eat his food” she said. “Don’t worry, he will be wandering in the street only and come if he feels hungry. I will send him if I see him”. Saying, I left home to buy coffee powder.
    I bought coffee powder, some vegetables and fruits. I am a retired person and I have many friends. Most of us used to meet regularly in a play ground and we talk about various things. After the chat with my friends, I got up and started walking towards my home. While going home, I remembered my wife’s worried face. “Oh God, she wanted me to look for Balram but I had totally forgotten. Maybe he would have come and had his food”. So thinking, I went home. I enjoyed the hot cup of coffee my wife gave me. “Did Balram come?” I asked. “Yes, he came just now and taking his food” she replied. “I told you not to worry. I knew he would come if he feels hungry” I said.
    My wife wanted me to pluck some jasmine flowers. So I went to the backyard where the jasmine plant was.
    I was glad to see Balram there, eating his food happily, wagging his tail.

Rihana and KashmirFlower like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: @maalti
    Super Surprise and twist at the tail-end of the short & sweet story.
    I am yet not sure you keep for company at home a Pomeranian. But here I present you a twin.

upload_2021-9-23_18-10-12.jpeg
    Your stories have won several times the coveted prize of monthly fine posts in 2012. Am yet to catch up with those stories. Paragraphs would add aesthetics and more pleasing that kindle immediate interest to read. The larger font you had chosen here is mighty good for seniors like me in their seventies to read comfortably and so stands welcomed.

Kala Bairaver is not to be underestimated and even if they are named after any of those numerous names in Hindu Pantheon.
    I like Balram in all shapes & sizes irrespective of they being human or animal.
    I posted recently of my experience with spouse in presencee of detective dogs in link
    A Date With Jimmy & Johny

Thanks & Regards

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  3. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank you for the nice FB. As such I don't have any pets as of now. We had several pets when I was young. The twins look so cute.
    Regards

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thank you . Pets and taming animals are stress-busters and one can eliminate ennui. I hope you would find leisure to read the link a date with Jimmy & Johnny.

5. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Sure. I will read and give my FB as early as possible
    Regards

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Nice story. Dogs are smart enough to trust the provider.

Thyagarajan and maalti like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Dogs remain true to salt and serve his or her masters well till their last breath.
    I have come across a beautiful narration of fellow IL’ite profound love for her pet pappy & peppy in the link
    My Pet
    That won monthly best award In the year 2012 for its author @srajitha
    This also reminds me of fellow IL’ites pets Orion & l.....
    Tagging @viswa & @Srama

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    Viswamitra likes this.
  8. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Yes, I will check the link My pet. I have a great deal to write about our pets. Will be writing soon.
    Thank you
    Regards

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Dear@maalti

The dog in this thread reminds me of my late bosom friend JK from being exposed to the accidental leak at midnight of deadly gas Methyl Isocyanate (MIC) FROM UNION CARBIDE PLANT at Bhopal.

Thousands died in the streets and tens of thousands remain disabled and many babies born and those in womb remain affected. Real macabre moment for me.
    My bosom friend JK WAS saved by skin of his teeth which I attempted to narrate in the thread Sour bites turn sweet bites Padma, pomeranins & Bhopal gas leak

Padma, Pomeranins & Bhopal Gas Leak