Finest Post Nominations - September 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Sep 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Viswamitra for the nomination and thank you @Rihana for the kind words. ‘I don’t want me to think..’ is a filter that has helped me separate obligation from genuine choices on many occasions — am I doing this because I want to or because I feel obligated to? Saves me from feeling resentful later and has proven to be a net positive for most of my relationships.

Laks09, Kohvachn, Rihana and 2 others like this.
  2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Thanks @iyerviji and @Rihana. Honored!
    But, it is an old thread.

I would like to nominate @SGBV 's post 'Going Back To Your Ancestors Home'. I felt like I am in her ancestral home and made me nostalgic. Very intersting post!.

Laks09, Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana

I am here to nominate @Thyagarajan Sir's thread A Date With Ekadasi Vradham(fast). Somehow, I missed this wonderful piece of writing (written in July 2021) describing the trouble he went through to fast on Ekadasi day. The vivid description presented with so much humor is his specialty. I enjoyed reading it today.

Laks09, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

#63 thanks to @Viswamitra that he discovered merit in my Ekadasi efforts to observe fast. This itself tantamount to winning a great recognition. Feel overwhelmed.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana,

My last and final nomination for the month of September 2021 is @sweety127's How To Make A Marriage More Equal Instead Of Burdening The Bride And Her Family?. She articulated so well what is wrong with the systems practiced by the society in India and what needs to be done to fix it. This has been my favorite topic for a long time and if you recall we talked about it several years ago. I have personally implemented some of her suggestions such as taking care of the parents equally while suggestions such as sharing the marriage cost of my son with his wife's family is yet to happen as he is not married as yet.

Laks09, Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

OMG... I am overwhelmed :)

I had just typed that snippet using my phone one night while I was re-visiting the memories while laying in my bed. I got little busy after that, and didn't log in to IL after posting that snippet. It was a sweet surprise to see so many likes and positive responses. I am glad that I was able to bring back many of your grand parent's memories through my post.

Thanks again @Viswamitra sir, and @Rihana @nuss @DDream sisters for the nomination and appreciations

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Viswa for bringing this lovely snippet by Thyagu @Thyagarajan here. Good find. I also missed it in July. I actually went and checked how I missed it. Looks like it was posted on 24th July, Saturday, maybe I was away from phone and laptop that weekend.

A Date With Ekadasi Vradham(fast)

It was a pleasure to read the breezy narration. As usual, the vivid detail makes it like we are sitting with Thyagu at the dining table and in the restaurant. When I was reading it, a proverb came to my mind:
    "There's many a slip between the cup and the lip." : )

Thyagu ends the writing with:
    "I concluded that Ekadasi fasting certainly is not my cup of tea ."

That was definitely due to the cups of coffee. : )

Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  8. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

I would also like to nominate Thyagarajan sir for his hilarious A Date With Ekadasi Vradham(fast).

Laks09, Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

To get such a nice heart warming comments from the veteran - feel truly blessed. Thank you.
    I enjoyed with my spouse vicarious presence of family of both @Viswamitra & you in front around elliptical dinning table at our home and five star “thanjavur” restaurant in Taj Intercontinental - Mumbai as well.

Rihana, Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello: Am delighted with your joining committee member @Viswamitra of nomination who had brought this story into prominence a few days ago. My joy knew no bounds that there is a member from Porur Chennai who joined with a veteran to nominate this anecdote Ekadasi Vradham .

Thanks and Regards.

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.