Trouble With Atta

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by maalti, Oct 19, 2015.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

I had recently purchased 2 kgs. of Annapoorna Atta. On opening one of the packets and preparing rotis, while eating the rotis, we felt very fine mud/sand particles in the rotis. Thinking that the vessel in I had prepared the dough was not washed properly, I took a very clean vessel on the second day and prepared the dough. But even on the second day, the same problem continued. I opened the second packet also so that I can use the other packet of atta. But the same problem was there.
    I made a complaint (through mail) to Hindustan Unilever Ltd. They had replied and had called for certain information like batch code of the product, product details etc., for which I had replied promptly on the same day. But so far I have not received any response from the company.
    Leaving apart the cost of the product, I am very much concerned about the effect of such product which is being consumed even by small children in our country.
    Despite repeated reminders, I didn’t get any further response from the firm.
    I therefore thought that our Indus Ladies being the largest online community, if I take this issue to our forum, atleast our members would not buy the Annapoorna Atta. Thus if united, we can teach such irresponsible producers a fitting lesson.
    I therefore request all our members to stop buying this particular brand i.e., Annapoorna Atta.
    With regards,

2. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

yes, it is very sad when supposedly good companies cheat people. Thanks for sharing.

3. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Good you are creating the awareness. thanks for sharing

4. sonushravani3

sonushravani3 New IL'ite

I also used annapurna atta and u know I had same problem like u. If u know best atta for chapatis plz share with me..

5. Geeetha

Geeetha New IL'ite

Thanks for sharingfriendssmiley

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

It is incredible that a huge behemoth like HINDLEVER DID NOT RESPOND PROPERLY.

Luckily with google, now if one is not getting favourable responseto his or her complaint, can always get to know e mail ID of the CEO and take up with him or her.

With Nestlé, I recently took up for improper packing material of Maggi. Within three working days their rep called on me and handed replacement and collected the defectives for their inspection and investigation. Similarly for overbaked marry biscuits, I wrote to Brittania. Within three days - there rep called and arranged replacements with complements. I foundsugarcrystal s lumpy mixed with fine powder and wrote to Parry & co. I got replacement +.

Money ₹ 50k from My savings account siphoned out with debits by card at pri ate bank’s ATM in two successive WITHDRAWALS inthe night at 11:55 & 00:10 hours. I wrote to CEO BY MAIL AND WITHIN FIFTEEN DAYS THE DEBITS WERE REVERSED.

Nowadays making genuine complaints far easier. You can send the image of the packing along with your crisp message. It would do wonders. You will get replacement and compliments! I have been doing it since last several years for reputed brands of large and medium companies including Dabur, Phillips, Taj Mahal Basmati, Anil dates, Thayyar wet dough,..

maalti likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

@maalti any comments for my FB #6.
    Regards.

8. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Nowadays response is very prompt. I had very recently ordered vegetables online with Amazon. I was shocked to see that the vegetables were very bad in quality. I sent a message and a person from the Customer care called me immediately. She requested me to send photos of the veggies which I did and the amount I paid was reimbursed to me within three days.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

But Anna Poorna brand atta -wheat flour - is now one of the best products. I suggest you try again. In my home, spouse has been including this item in monthly inventory. I enjoy golden brown poori & chappathi made of this brand flour.