1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Level Up!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by 1Sandhya, Sep 7, 2021.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

What do you think?

If you ask my opinion, don't assume that you are playing the game. Flow like a river. Blow like the wind. Live like you were not before, you will live tomorrow. Only this moment is yours.
    Cheers!!!!

1Sandhya and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

A fine allegory.
    I liked this snippet to the core. Kudos to OP.

For some - poker or rummy is life; for me the game is like a thumb-rule.
    This Life is my life. It is not or never in others’ hand.

I look at my hand-cards keep it close really close to my heart and my eyes and ears wide opened to the men and material at proximity.

I must live in present to enjoy my ‘morrows. It is well-nigh impossible to forget past negatives. But then, I have a small quantum of “worry -time” during that exclusive period I worry once-for-all for the past and all other time given to constructive schedules of action and positive contemplations.

The hidden truth of the post is “ LIVE IN THE PRESENT TO ENJOY THRILLS OF BEING CHALLENGED for a beautiful tomorrow.”

1Sandhya likes this.
  3. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Thank you sir! You have indeed summarized it very well! If you have any anecdotes about how you realized this, please do share them.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    HariLakhera likes this.
  4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Awesome! I love your reply, Sir. This is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for! I was hoping old-timers would weigh in and share their wisdom and their individual approach. Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply.
    If you have any anecdotes to illustrate, please do share.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I have always lived as it comes. There were moments of joy and there were moments of sorrow but none was permanent. My faith in living in the present was further strengthened by how a good friend of mine faced the last 15 days of his life, bedridden but mentally active, smiling, chatting, knowing fully well his days were numbered. He proved that the Present has taken over from the Past and the Present will bother about the Future. Why worry about that which is not in our hands?
    I know it is difficult but we have to remember that the cause of fear is the nonacceptance of uncertainty.
    Stay safe, stay happy.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@1Sandhya,

When my son was born, I told my wife that I would like to educate him in the US. I was working for the premier R&D organization in Pune at that time. We both thought only way to do it is to keep saving money every month so that we could send him to the US for higher education. We didn’t see a clear path but I was determined to build my skills, work hard and learn as much as possible. Being a CA, I thought there is no way I could migrate to the US and only way to send him to the US is to keep growing my career in India. Later, I got a job offer in Mumbai from a software company. I worked there for 3 years. It is the Indian subsidiary of the US parent company. The CEO paid me well and kept promoting me until I reached the CEO level of Indian operation and appointed me as a Director in the Board. My wife asked me to find out whether there is any scope for me to migrate to the US. I was reluctant. One fine day, the CEO from the US visited India and asked my family to meet him over dinner. During the meeting, surprisingly the CEO asked my wife whether she and my son are willing to migrate to the US if I was given a career opportunity in the US. My son was 7 years old at that time. Within 6 months our visa was processed and we migrated to the US in 1995. That was our maiden international trip. Instead of sending my son for higher education, I was able to educate him in the US from his 2nd grade onwards. He successfully finished his Ph.D. in 2018. Man proposes and God disposes. We can’t see how the future would unfold. Only thing we can do is to do well in the present.

Thyagarajan and nandinimithun like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Fine summary apt here - I applaud.
    One never knows where the opportunity is. It comes like bolt from blue.
    But sincere efforts coupled with dream big attitude seemed to get help from cosmos. Cosmic energy seemed to align and lends its invisible helping hand from infinite distance.
    Regards.

Viswamitra likes this.