1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Dils Massage Their Mil's Legs?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by AditiShining, Sep 8, 2021.

1. sandhya2020

sandhya2020 Silver IL'ite

It's not a north Indian or South Indan thing. Nobody in my MIL's household or relative circle touches feet by prostating.Only I was asked to prostate to touch SIL's feet like that.

You said your MIL came recently, and that you were working full time earlier. Then did your husband help with household chores or not? Was your MIL ok with that?
    When you resume full time work, will your husband help with chores or not. Will MIL be ok with that? Or will MIL do all/most of the housework then ? And you won't even get time for leg massages. Your MIL will end up suffering the most.

Instead of massaging MIL's leg regularly, you and husband should both help with household chores.Get your MIL normalised with that. Conservative values with working DIL doesn't really work- in the end MIL will end up doing everything and spoil her health. And finally resentment will come when massages are no longer possible due to time constraint.

Better get your MIL checked for health issues- as prevention is better than cure. Give her some rest by involving you and husband in more share of cooking. Slowly she will realise it is bets for her , than doing all the work and getting leg massage.[/QUOTE]

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

Let me tell you an example.When we were in LA, we used to go to an Indian restaurant every weekend. Owner was friendly and always treated us as very special and she always offered us complimentary chicken 65 and it continued for over 6 months. One fine day she stopped offering complimentary dish, and we felt bad. I know we were wrong, but that is human nature. Good, that you are helping her, but if you set an expectation/routine, it may affect your relationship.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

whole india is the same

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Every MIL-DIL relationship is unique. Don't let comparison with your friend ruin yours.

If you can help your MIL without hurting yourself, I don't see any reason to stop. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. Patientone

Patientone Silver IL'ite

No I wouldn’t dare. My MIL has bad hygiene and she has really hairy legs that make me feel very uncomfortable. I don’t think it’s normal in the west.