Finest Post Nominations - September 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Sep 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the fine sentiments expressed while seconding the nomination.SLN

2. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Thank you very much @Viswamitra garu for your kind words.

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana - Sandhya has been nominated already this month but this post of hers is noteworthy.
    How often in life do we delve into the past and forget to live the present to the fullest! A postmortem of past events sometimes does more harm than good.
    Sandhya has come up with a great analogy! A game with multiple levels. If we continue to work out strategies from the past level, we don’t focus on the current. Being here and now is more important than figuring out past wins and losses!
    I’d love to nominate @1Sandhya for FP this month this brilliantly explained post. Level up and keep playing your best. You will make progress!

4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana - I love having a clean/organized house. I have neither clean nor organized! I just manage to move my clutter from one room to the other and back!
    @Needtobestrong has started this thread with tips for a spic and span, clutter free surrounding. If all of us add our tips to it, I’m sure we will all have sparkling homes!
    By nominating this post to FP, I’m hoping others pitch in as well. I’ve already shared some tips from my POV!
    I hope everyone finds the post useful and can contribute to it. Good luck Needtobestrong for a well maintained home!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2021
    Needtobestrong and Rihana like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@maalti, @Viswamitra thank you for nominating and seconding @sln Sir's snippet Contact Vs Connect.

SLN Sir has highlighted and gently analyzed an oft-overlooked distinction between contact and connect in the snippet and through examples in his subsequent posts. Members also provided thoughtful responses. I'm wondering if my Whatsapp contact list should be divided into Contacts and Connections. There were times when I was probably more of a contact for my parents and they felt more of a connection with their daily helpers, the regular auto-rickshaw guy, and their Man Fridays. Thank you, @sln Sir, for a writing that may result in some contacts becoming connected.

Mistt, Viswamitra and maalti like this.
  6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

An innovative and meaningful idea.SLN

Viswamitra and Rihana like this.
  7. Rihana

Laks, I am so glad you nominated @winterhue's heartfelt response in If I Were A Piece Of Carbon, I Would Have Become A Diamond.

It's difficult to know what to say to someone who has lost a parent. It's even more difficult when it's only in writing and in a virtual online world. @winterhue's words serve as a strong starting point for processing the grief. Advice such as "forgive yourself," "there is no expiry date for grief," "give yourself time," "bygones are bygones," and "don't bottle up grief" is based on personal experience. Many of us have had this experience, but only a few can translate it into words that can bring solace to another. Winterhue did that.

Laks09, Viswamitra and Mistt like this.
  8. Rihana

Mistt and Viswa, thank you for nominating @DDream's response in Empty Nester And Thinking Of Divorce.

Like I said there, every woman should have a real-life friend who can offer such advice. @DDream has provided feedback to OP on the options she (OP) has arrived at by herself, as well as some important do's and don'ts and practical predictions. I sincerely hope the OP there takes the entire post, and especially the last paragraph, to heart.

Don’t take any decision when you are .. sad or happy or angry.
    Wouldn't the world be better off if we did this more often? This is one of those notes worth putting on the mirror, fridge, monitor, screensaver, status message...

shravs3, DDream, Laks09 and 2 others like this.
  9. Rihana

Viswa, I am very grateful that you are going the extra mile by not only nominating but also seconding nominations. If it were me, I would first rue not having nominated that post myself. :facepalm: But you being you, will not think like that for even a second.
    Thank you Viswa for bringing this excellent post by @nuss to the FP thread: Volunteering For A Cause

Most of us want to volunteer but don't think we have the time "right now." By writing about her volunteer experience, @nuss has provided us with a valuable perspective on making the time, finding a cause to which we can relate, while also preserving time for one's family.

For me, it's a timely reminder to revisit my old go-to resource for volunteer opportunities: LinkedIn. Surprisingly, it is one of the most efficient methods of locating a wide variety of volunteer opportunities that have openings.

nuss, Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  10. winterhue

winterhue Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for all the kind words ! Truly humbled.

Laks09 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.