Periods 8th Day?

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by EagerForInfo, Sep 5, 2021.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Hello my friend has invited me for satyanarayana vratam. It is the 8th day of period for me. Unfortunately as u must have read my previous posts I am having heavy periods even till 9th day and periods are stopping around 12th day. Can I go to this vratam. ? It is the 8th day. I have mostly skipped everything till now but now I feel bad. My mom says after 5th day we can go but still due to the heaviness I feel guilty but want to go. Please give suggestions.

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

8th day is way past the recommended 4 day wait before participating in religious events. There is no need to wait until your period is over. Take a head bath on the day of the puja and attend the function. I don’t really believe in this stuff but even my most orthodox relatives limit it to 4 days.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  3. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

I asked this question to my teacher since we are not supposed to practice reciting mantras during this period . She said do 4 days timeout and as long as you wash your hair( I think mostly to reduce heat) we can be back to our schedule . At the end of the day I would consult with the host for their preference . Have you consulted doctor for this prolonged periods ? Are you close to menopause?

4. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Several women relatives in my mom’s generation had this issue. Both of my extremely orthodox grandmothers consulted priests and the consensus was that you can resume religious activities after the 4th day headbath.

chanchitra likes this.
  5. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

For most of the ladies periods vanishes by the 4th day and thats why I feel many ladies said that you can participate in any program from 5th day onwards. But in your case , I feel its not right to attend a function if you are having prolonged periods.

Dynamic likes this.
  6. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Exactly this is the reason I asked. But I will miss out on everything