Finest Post Nominations - September 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Sep 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thirty days hath September …

Do you recall the name of the teacher who taught you this rhyme? September, when we celebrate Teacher’s Day and Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan’s birth anniversary, is a good month to fondly remember our teachers from lower primary school. This month also lays claim to a few other remarkable days.

September 6th marks Fight Procrastination Day. I hope to use this week to conquer procrastination. Crossing things off from a task-list is one of the best feelings.

Going back a couple of centuries, on September 23rd in 1846, astronomers Le Verrier and Johann Gottfried Galle discovered Neptune based on mathematical calculations and observing its movement relative to background stars.

Our IL is a universe in itself! Fortunately, bringing posts to the FP nominations thread is much simpler than pinpointing planets. : ) When a post makes you pause or smile, examine a belief or recognize something new, then take a minute to nominate it for FP. Nominations are welcome from all members.

Happy September, folks. Hope yours is filled with discovery, relaxation and reflection in equal measures.

Amica, vidukarth, Thyagarajan and 5 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Laks09, maalti and Rihana like this.
  3. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Thank you Vijima

Laks09 likes this.
  4. ranju5

ranju5 Silver IL'ite

5. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana - Happy September! I’ve already started seeing Halloween posts from friends and I really hope we don’t fast forward the next two months. September is the month of festivals for me and I’m missing hunting for sarees and jewelry this second September in a row! Hoping for some semblance of normalcy this festive season!

Talking about celebrations, our own @Gauri03 is celebrating a huge milestone. The 75 hard challenge is not something one can do in a whim. It requires dedication and the will power to do it even when you are bone tired. I crashed and burned at the end of mine last year and know the level of dedication that has gone into this victory. Gauri did this for 75 consecutive days! The entire thread is a testament to the grit of so many ILites. My favorite thing about IL is the amount of support we get from each other to do hard things. Gauri conquered this challenge and also has encouraged others along the way. When the going got tough, she still did it. I’m proud of her for starting this challenge on IL and for taking it to the finish line. I’m nominating her culminating post here for FP this month.

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I can’t agree with you more.
    I must join like minded members to congratulate on her ( @Gauri03 ) triumph 75!
    I endorse your nomination .
    Thanks & Regards.

7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Laks09 and @Thyagarajan Sir! Appreciation from two of my favorite IL members means a lot!

8. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2021
  9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana - I just read @winterhue here and her response to Ani is so apt. She has rightly said that there is no expiry date to grief. Only someone who has walked the path truly knows the pain. I wish the OP got some reprieve from posting here and hearing from others who have been there. One of the good things about IL is that there are posters who are willing to share their experiences in the hopes of easing another’s pain. I hope Ani got some much needed comfort from winterhue’s post. I’d like to nominate her for FP.

10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.