1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Are The Steps To Take For Divorce

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by snehalJoshi, Aug 4, 2021.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

She don't have to. But many factors determines child custody. That's why its a dream life. Its not easy to get full custody with no visitation rights in USA unless court order that way. US court is most likely to give joint custody. Otherwise OP has to prove that he is a threat and its best for children's interest. Kids age is also a factor. I am sure OP's husband is not going to give up child custody from his behavior mentioned in the post. Its better to consult an attorney and collect legal evidence against him. As OP is financially independent, she can prove that she can provide a comfortable home. In some states, separation is needed before filing divorce, but in some other states you can even stay in the same home and file divorce. Also, its not a good idea to move out till everything is clear. I am against any kind of abuse. Here kids, love him for whatever reasons. He is their father, no court can deny that.

I wish OP to get her dream life. More strength to her.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  2. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Op does not know how much power she holds but fear factor, social stigma for Indian women are biggest obstacles. Indian women are most patient, tolerant and try to make it work for kids sake. I see many American and European women they always give preference to themselves. Indian women can live whole life in depression.

Rihana and chanchitra like this.
  3. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

I disagree , i have see the other side too. in this phase i met some decent fathers, whose ex just wanted revenge and went to any extent to hurt . sometimes when you are served papers, you want the other party to suffer more than you coming out fast. that benefits the lawyers only.

sorry i did not mean to side track this thread.

4. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

I am sorry you had to go through that. Abuse from anyone is wrong.

5. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

LOL that's why old white men prey on young indian ladies - they want a doormat!

6. SuiDhaaga

Honestly this brings up lot of interesting things.

It is hard for me to understand that a male would be victim.

My ex was quite abusive yet he lied to me about others. All people (on his side) believe him.

I can take you at your word. I hope you are seeing better days.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  7. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

i did not want to side track but still sharing a real experience mine and my friend who i made while this process through meetup

mine - after being served. one night she picked up a random argument and slowly became too loud and emotional. it went on till 2 am. neighbors called the police. the first thing the officer did was to cuff me . checked her for marks. before he did, i mentioned i have a recorder running. she was not aware. the moment she heard, everything changed. since the officer mentioned, it will be shown as evidence. she had to admit i did not hurt . it was a record . from then it was calm

my friend.- even worse. he left the house , served her. he was ok with everything . only alternate week custody. even ok with alimony . she was not satisfied . she called her sis. filed a fake dv case . he was arrested after ocming home. he had to hire a legal to prove, he was in work. sis is working in diff state. this whole thing costed like around 20k .
    she wanted full custody. went to court. wasted money like anything.

male / female does not matter. law is favorable to the person who makes the first call. that is why recorder or something is must in person interaction.

i was a part of this , lot of men helped. Child Custody and Divorce Forum • Index page.

as i said, and keep telling again. the moment you decide to leave and serve. just get out as peacefull and fast as you can. revenge gets nothing, you can rather buy TSLA stocks for your kid with that money for college.

Rihana, ProudIndian, joylokhi and 2 others like this.
  8. SuiDhaaga

One can never get over this trauma. It will lessen over time, but it stings like a knife.

I like when you say buy TSLA stocks for your child.

9. venkiis

venkiis Silver IL'ite

nope . again disagree. if you think getting arrested or police coming is big deal, it is not.

trauma is when you live by the book, be a good kid. student, office worker. spouse. help with kids, in home cooking and housework equally or even more. and still she finds some fault with you and smiles and spends time with every other person than you. that is trauma when you question your own sanity .

10. SuiDhaaga

I never said this was not trauma
    Getting arrested and losing face
    Is the cringe-worthy part
    Of any soap-opera drama

I respect your pain
    It is real
    This trauma is a curse
    Your joy it can steal

You do everything by the book
    In all honesty
    Without any hook or crook
    Then your beloved shows
    Her true face

You think you are insane
    And you ponder and pace
    In a deeply saddened daze

I respect your pain
    It won't go away
    It has broken your heart
    Your peace of mind
    It has surely stained

You are no longer the
    Person you once were
    Once you swore you
    You would gift your beloved
    A string of rare pearls

Today it is from women
    You stay away
    A woman bought you
    Into this world
    Yet it was by a woman
    You were so badly betrayed

Today it is from women
    You stay away
    To avoid the drama deluge
    Yet you come to IndusLades
    Perhaps, for some
    Warmth and refuge

Laks09, chanchitra and lavani like this.