1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

How To Send Money To India.

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by EagerForInfo, Aug 5, 2021.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I do not have an Indian rupees account. If I want to buy anything from india it is a hassle. If I send money through xoom it says I cannot send it to business accounts. If I send it through xe it says we cannot send to religious institutions ( if I want to order poojas in temples )or if I want to buy clothes it says they won’t accept payments though third party providers.
    What is the solution. I’m sick of trying every way there to just accomplish a simple task.

We can ask relatives in India but I hate them knowing everything I’m buying and hate asking them for every transaction.
    How to solve this issue. ?
    Of course we can open a rupee account in India but things have changed in India. Now they require pan card and I don’t have one yet. We barely have gone to India in past 10 years and in that time we have time just to spend with relatives.

2. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

I use MoneyGram/ Wells Fargo checking account . My kids attend online classes and I am able to pay the tuition fee straight to the teacher’s Indian Bank account. It takes 4-7 business days, but there is no fee. Whenever I need something from Indian Amazon, I use shoppre.com.It provides virtual address and you can order items using their address and then they will ship it to you.It may be a little expensive but I don’t need to ask my relatives.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    KashmirFlower likes this.
  3. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Thank you ! I will give it a try. !

4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

You can open an NRE account in India.