1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Begets Love, What Should Silent Treatment / Go-to-your-parent's Beget?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Bubbles, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

When new slaves are imported, the American owner will attempt to destroy the spirit of the slave, and train him/her to become a hard worker who cannot think and reason. The indigenous natives [American Indians] would rather die than to submit to the degradation... and hence untrainable.
    Talk less. Secure your position. Wait for you chance. And shoot to kill.
    Fuzzy wuzzies will only make you weak and die. Become a house cleaning, cooking zombie -- just the thing your owner had in mind.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Bubbles likes this.
  2. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

I just have one thing to say....pick and choose your battles.

You win some, you lose some. Keep your eyes on the bigger picture and let go of these smaller ones. Honestly these small tussles are not worth it. These just ensure the discord prolongs. Actually if you think about it, these small inconsequential ones make US restless, angry, frustrated, and unhappy. While the other person is either unaware of it or they dont bother about it even if they know. IMHO just let them go.

If something still bothers you, just concede for the moment when he loses his cool. Once he calms down enough to talk and listen to reason, then present your side. One thing i have noticed is that in anger, neither of us are in a clear head to listen to each other. So i let him win the first round where he yells and talks nonsense. The second round is usually initiated by me and this time, its more of a question and explanation and a reason for why, what, when, who and stuff like that without the blame game. Its usually the second round which brings a closure to me while bringing us closer.

Stay strong!

Bubbles, SCA and Hopikrishnan like this.
  3. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Hahaha... some of us are watching too much olympics boxing now.

Marital pugilism is a risky practice. When either fighter knows or feels that the opponent is not an equal or good match, the goal would be to subjugate the opponent for life.

Traditionally the husband tried to remove the spirit out of the wife, so that she'd be the zombie for the household, extended family and society. And now that economically viable women are also good fighters and go for several rounds in a bout, there are occasions when the husband had been beaten, and cowed to tow the line, and become the zombie for the household, extended family and society. Just as good a situation.

When a woman in seething rage is making uppuma for her beloved husband, does it taste different to the husband? We have mythological stories to say that the quality of the uppuma remains the same, and that feature had been held up as the mark of a good woman. However.... when a girl feels like it, I would recommend adding something that has a timed release feature for its effects. Unfortunately there aren't too many youtube videos or cooking TV shows that teach the how-to of this in recipes. One has to come up with innovations on one's own.

Fight on.

Bubbles likes this.
  4. Patientone

Patientone Silver IL'ite

So you’ve been crying all night and had cereal yesterday afternoon but you’re feeling guilty you didn’t cook him food? Come on now! He’s a grown man! He ordered food for himself. You should have used those cards and done the same. Honestly mothers teach ur sons how to cook. If he cared he would have ordered u something too. How are you feeling now? He’s quite a rude immature boy isn’t he? Threatening you with separation…who does he think he is…

5. Patientone

Patientone Silver IL'ite

A lot of men take their wives abroad and threaten with divorce and separation and it’s no fair at all. It’s abuse. It’s not okay. He sounds quite like an ignorant caveman. Which spouse would divorce their wife because she was stressed, depressed and frustrated? If u do work things out I hope you keep on his toes. Demand for things and make it known how patient u are and how u just buy necessities when other women are given luxuries. Honestly make him feel small so he worships the ground u walk on.