1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My New Normal Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by RatnaMalliswari, Aug 2, 2021.

1. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

New normal has changed great civilization that we have spent centuries in building it.
    Coronavirus is the most dreadful thing we heard in end of 2019 and yearly 2020! It has changed our perspective towards life in so many ways. One should be extra cautious while stepping outside the home. Oops it's known by everyone,here I go with my new normal.
    Initially everything was new to me,I thought it will remain for few days,then to months,years but still no end.
    See how slowly I am adopting new normal.Even today I taking same care what I did in beginning of this pandemic,frequent handwashing, keeping in quarantine all online or physical store products ordered,social distancing,No social gathering.Its because I have elder persons at home.
    My daily routine starts with washing milk packets,incase if I bring vegetables cleaning them after bringing and keeping aside to dry up and store in refrigerator.
    While ordering online groceries,my new list includes:
    Disinfectant sprays, Hand Sanitizer,Face Shield,Face Mask,hand gloves, Dettol, vineger(washing veggies), medicine required for cold,steaming,fever,I need to keep some stock of medicine, ofcourse oximeter and frequently I need to check availability of these items at home,as they have become most essential things these days.
    When I move out,I do check my bag containing,hand sanitizer, additional facemask, tissue paper,if required hand gloves keeping every essential thing depending on where I am moving.Earlier I use to put cosmetics,like lipstick,deo,clips, nailpolish,but I feel every thing is replaced like
    My lipstick with facemask
    My Deo with Hand sanitizer
    My clips with shield
    My nail polish with hand gloves
    My new normal entirely different from my old normal.
    My way of getting ready also got affected,you all know getting beautifully ready is how important for us especially for a women,Hmm what to say,I can't apply my favourite matching lipstick,what's the use even though I apply more dominantly looks appear with my N95 mask.If I apply also because of sweat due to face mask, it may smear and i may look like monkey hahaha,i can't put heavy earrings, sometimes I need to cover with faceshield,can't grow my nails, frequent use of sanitizer it's damaging my skin,so wherever required i am using handgloves.
    I prefer to use liquid soap for hand wash,except i am out,I feel I best for lifebuoy advertisement,do all remember this recent ads,where
    brand asks viewers to take any soap and water and make friendship, following with fighting, making crocodile, butterfly with hands to reach out every corner of the hand, washing out and killing all the germs.
    These lines run like a command in my mind.
    The affect of this pandemic in my career,by profession i am a faculty,for me also it's WFH.When I used to deliver physical classes I use to move and interact with students,use gesture while explaining the concept,but now I sit on chair in front of my laptop as if I am freezed,and some body applied fevicol to my chair.
    This is about my journey so far and my new lifestyle,don't know how many new changes affect in coming variations.

I think never wrote such lengthy post till now.
    Regards
    Ratna

2. shilpamaroli

shilpamaroli Senior IL'ite

3. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

I found out that Fevicol is quite famous !!
    First marketed in India, in 1959, the brand was launched as an easy-to-use glue for carpenters as a replacement for collagen and fat-based adhesives (colloquially known as "saresh") that required melting prior to application. Including an extensive range of consumers, craftsmen, engineering, and industrial adhesives under the label, Fevicol is marketed in 54 countries, including over 50,000 locations in India itself.
    When America sent out troops to fight some foreign war, the families would often remember the absent member with an empty chair at the dining table. During the recent wars [Afghanistan, Iraq] there was the availability of life-size cutouts from some online photoshops. One would get the cutout, and fix it to the chair, and tell the children around the dinner table that dad [sometimes Mom] is very much with us, and let us pray for his/her safe return and thank god for the food we are about to eat....etc...

I know schools and colleges have combined class sections, and let-go some teaching staff..... and let one online teacher fevicol'ed to her chair teach twice the number of students. After all, what is the difference ? If the school/college is taping these lectures, during the next years, they could simply get a cut-out teacher glued to the chair, and use the tapes from previous years.

4. RatnaMalliswari

Hello Hopi
    Nice information about Fevicol
    Till it's not been implemented as far as in places I know,but chances are there in other way, but completely not possible in interactive online classes,you know students mentality they ask so many doubts,need clarification on particular concept.Cutout can't listen and answer:grinning:.It won't work in online but can't guarantee about some management if they manipulate using sophisticated technology:confundio1:.If management is rich they can have chiti robo like Rajinikanth movie.
    Regards
    Ratna

Hopikrishnan likes this.
  5. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

This is an amazing read. I agree with everything you said, this pandemic is taking a toll on a lot of people.

RatnaMalliswari likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dear RM,
    Kudos to you. What a brilliant narration of the plight by public in general and you in particular. You have laid the beautiful gains and losses, pros & cons, merits & demerits of the effect and affect of the new normal that prevail now in pandemic times.

Tata to cosmetics like lip-stick, nail-polish etc that hit the beauty products incorporated below their belt.

Bye bye to school aayas, peons and unhygienic Toilet’s and freedom from sighting nasty writings & cartoons on the walls etc

Elimination of Parents anxiety of their wards travel in school bus to and fro, freedom from chores such as no need for reading ironed school uniform, no hurrying the kids to eat breakfast in a jiffy....

Only office/company that function as before pandemic seems to be the stock markets.

Windfall Gainers are those online markets dealing with vegetables. Volume of waste generated of Rotten vegetables & fruits is almost zero for them and hence their bottom line is fattening up.

Overhaul national health must be improving in the new (ab)normal now.
    Thanks and Regards.

RatnaMalliswari likes this.
  7. RatnaMalliswari

Hi
    Thank you very much for your feedback
    Regards
    Ratna

8. RatnaMalliswari

Hello
    Thank you so much for your feedback
    Feeling happy that you felt amazing
    Regards
    Ratna

9. RatnaMalliswari

Hello sir
    Thank you for appreciation,yes as you said chances are there but not much,as you might be knowing that,we feel happy to dress up even at home as a habit:sunglasses: and show off in video conferencing hahaha:cheer:but not easy to give up.Its not easy for those who are crazy about it.
    It will be problematic for them who are regular to use cosmetics,we can't see them without make up:tired:.
    For parents anxiety started in other way,all time kids are in house, especially for a women husband WFH,and kids SFH(study from home).For Home makers point view no rest:crybaby2:
    Health point view people have become more conscious,most of them started Home Gardening for healthy food,more advantageously avoid cleaning with vinegar or other wash liquid when we get veggies from outside.
    Regards
    Ratna

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dear RM,
    Rejoice. This post nominated by member of nomination committee @iyerviji .
    Congratulations.

iyerviji and RatnaMalliswari like this.