1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles Dont Miss-paperback

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Aug 1, 2021.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

The second book is an eloquent demonstration of IL as a a spring board for introducing new authors to the world. If you attempt as a commercial venture you will be disappointed-as there are sharks around the publishing world. The pleasure however is to share what you have experienced and enjoyed with friends and leave a permanent reminder to the family members by placing it in the library.To keep the cost down and distribute at cost price we have taken up home distribution. The price is Rs 249 . Please contact;
    srinivasalakshimi@gmail.com or 9341755114.
    My deep appreciation to IL for the role they have played in my endeavor.
    SLN

Attached Files:

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Recently my favorite Trivia author of this site, @Thyagarajan posted something with the title "Is?" A very clever hook that was. Made me click that open to see what that was all about. Titles of threads puzzle and hook.

Why is there a hyphen between Miss and paperback ? We stick a hyphen to make compound words, to make sure that a word belongs with the one it is attached with a hyphen, and not to the next word/phrase separated by a space. Miss-paperback should make one wonder what her front is covered with;).

Why Eagle ? Keen eyes? Not to miss the paperback ? Reminded me of fishmarkets of yore, where the dead fish was wrapped in newspaper and handed over to the customer. There would be birds up trees, lamp-posts, and whatever perch they could find waiting outside for the less careful customer walk out with that paperback. [Fatty fish that had been dead a while, would transfer the print from the newspaper to the fish. It is a way to tell how "fresh" the fish

I have read some of your autobiographical snippets on this site. If one were to go by the number of IL member responses for threads, you would obviously see that your posts were not among the top 5%. I am afraid that this might sound like a harsh critique. However, if only you had tossed in a Mother-in-Law, or two, into your snippet writings, you'd have had plenty of responses. Half a mother-in-law can beat 10 ethiopia's

Good luck with the book.

3. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hopikrishnan,
    Thanks for your interesting,incisive and no holds barred comments on the title,I am under the impression that ordinary mortals share their joys and sorrows in IL and happy yo see their thoughts in print.As far as i am concerned ,at n84 "I have retired out of lifes competition

4. Hopikrishnan

"I think all I say; but not say all I think" -- is a quote ascribed to Gabriel Garcia Marquez. He got a Lit Nobel for writing weird stuff in Spanish. Since people have defective Marquez filters, how many holds one should bar is a thing that individual social forums decide.
    Now... this is a comment that OM's on IL should start to wonder about.
    :roflmao:
    Not too long ago I read about competitive miseries and how anyone in a funk may find solace in the greater misery of others.
    On the internet, especially on anonymous forums, one may have to wonder about deep thoughts and where they come from:
    upload_2021-8-2_13-32-53.png

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Outstanding and this suggestion deserves the accolades of this August '21.

Hopikrishnan likes this.
  6. Hopikrishnan

Don't you dare!!
    The comment I had made has been well known in the TV serial business for a long time.

Our dear OP, who is 12 in dog-years, recommends a book of compiled blog posts, as a manual for mothers to inculcate good values in their kids. That is something you can toss your accolades on. You must go on and nominate that for the FP for August 21.

And by the way, poodles are the long lived among pooches. Once upon a time we had a dog. It was awful when she died. For the less noisy members of the family, they have the greatest impact. My children continue to visit her memorial after 20 years.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

This is really interesting. I never thought I'd read about this here.