1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ignorance

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jul 30, 2021.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Yes you're right sir. "IF" Here is a big word.
    One more experience I want to share and hope I am not going off the track.

Once someone asked me that there is one statue of Rama and other of Ravana. Which one do you select. I said I will select Ram.

Then he said ok and if Ram is made up of clay and the statue of Ravan is of gold then what will you do. He was so sure and happy of making me confused and thought that it's obvious to chose Ravan. I tried to explain him that Arjuna had chosen Krishna without any weapon because the one who has God in his side can never get defeated. Then how come one can go for gold if Ram is on the other side.

But he believed what he wanted to. Also he was much elder than me so I didn't argued much and left the topic.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Ignorance also is a bliss that is reality. People are happy or enjoying semblance of happiness. Business likes ignorant customers. Business world enjoy ignorant crowds. Monks do great business because of ignorant followers. Morons and ignorant masses are great for politicians.
    If everything that strikes us is maya or illusion, even that realisation is taking place only within that maya and outside the realm of maya none can fathom to know.
    These statements conceived by maya that is me - I am not what I am!

Viswamitra and messedup like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

In my view, the most precious possession we have is our own life which was gifted to us for our salvation. There is nothing in this world that can be more valuable than that.

Even when both Duryodhana and Arjuna waited for Krishna to wake up from his pretentious sleep, Krishna opened His eyes and saw Arjuna first even though Duryodhana came first to see Krishna. Krishna said He would give preference to one He saw first. When Krishna asked Arjuna to ask what he came to ask, he politely replied that it was Duryodhana who came first ready to accept whatever the Lord decided. However, Krishna said he would first ask Arjuna the question whether he chooses His army or Himself. Arjuna folded his hands and told Krishna, "I can't choose you". When Duryodhana was disappointed that Arjuna was going to ask for Krishna's army, he continued, "Only you can choose me. I can only surrender to you". That attitude only helped him to win the war.

Nothing is more valuable than the grace of the Lord and His gift of life.

Mistt and messedup like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Dear Thyagarajan Sir,

Generally, ignorance is bliss is quoted as a saying for not knowing so much about the health. But honestly, it is knowledge that leads us towards the Truth. All your examples only provide the risk of ignorance of customers in the hands of the businessmen, followers in the hands of devious monks and citizens who are genuinely deprived of their rights by the politicians. We can't say ignorance is bliss from our own point of view.

Knowing Maya at the intellectual level is not the same as experiencing the divinity above the illusion. We all know we are divine at the intellectual level but experiencing it is quite different. Even saying that realization is taking place only within the maya is driven by our illusion and assuming we are the mind. Like the Rishis said, "When we experience that Knower (subject), Known (object) and Knowledge (experience) are all the same, we become one inseparable Being."

5. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

Ignorance will always be there. I often disagree with people who say that ignorance can be cured.

messedup likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

@GregoriaBoul, Thank you for your response and your perspective of ignorance.

7. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hello Viswa sir,
    Very interesting post you wrote,my perception about maya is
    In this world when there is a truth,there is exist false,when there is good,there exist bad also.
    Similarly when there is a reality, there exist Maya. To know the reality of life,Maya can be a mode to reach.Once we become knowledgeable person,Maya should be dropped.But the problem is that, people will revolve around maya and feel that itself is a reality.
    Being in reality,one cannot understand the reality,here we need maya.
    Regards
    Ratna

Viswamitra and messedup like this.
  8. Viswamitra

@RatnaMalliswari

Thank you for your response and your perspecticve. The value of one is realized only when we experience the opposite of it. The value of pleasure is experienced only when we endure pain. The pair of opposites allow us to experience things in life. However, knowing or intellecutally understanding reality doesn't have the same effect of experiencing reality. Maya is with us always and we experience it everyday but reality is one that we need to aspire to experience. You are right about us thinking maya is reality in the absence of aspiration to experience reality.

9. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hello Viswa Sir
    Thank you for your feedback,while reading this I got one more thought that,every human being got struck in maya and unable to come out of it.They don't know the power of spiritual awakening.I read baba sathcharithra there it's been mentioned,any one can come out from this maya when they are aware of spiritutal knowledge.The reality and maya exist as long as we live,we human being need to learn the creation of existence of spiritual knowledge to balance the life.Aquiring of such knowledge can be gained through experience of ones personal life or reading books, listening spiritual talks but I feel true interpretation can be done only by discussion.For instance students feel they understood the subject when teacher taught and as they read they are clear with concepts,but actual performance can be measured when they write exam and evaluation is done.Similarly many of us feel,we understood this,but not,my request to you why don't you start some thread on spiritual thoughts like where many involve and share their experiences and may be beneficial to self and others readers.I feel fast way of healing from any problems we face in our life-is spirituality.
    Regards
    Ratna

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

@RatnaMalliswari

Since joining IL in 2011, I wrote many spiritual articles based on the teachings I have read from Adi Sankara, Ramakrishna, Vivekananda, Sai Baba and many more. I am not a spiritually advanced person but these threads help me understand the teachings better when I write about them and learn from the responses I receive. Sometimes, I have compared the similarity of teachings from various religions. You will be able to find my threads under the name @Viswamitra if you look up for all my threads. Unfortunately, they are all not in one thread. I have an index in one of the threads and if you like I can share a few samples for your pleasure of reading.

Viswa

RatnaMalliswari likes this.