1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Friends- I’ll Be There For You!

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Tubinbataye, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    Working mother being friends with SAHM. How do you(working moms) manage to be friends with SAHM? Have you faced any challenge to fit in that friendship? In such group do the majority gang up?
    Also working single mother being friends with regular family SAHM, pl share your experiences.

2. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

I’ll start with mine. I’m a full time working single mother. I have few SAHM as friends and am mostly finding it difficult to fit in how much ever I try. Mostly they gang up.Sometimes I feel I’m so obligated to maintain the ship.

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I am a SAHM. My two best friends are working moms.They are amazing. I have another close friend in a different place who is a SAHM.She is such a lovely,matured person.

One major factor between all of us is we are all happy with ourselves,happy with who we are and know our boundaries and non judgmental of others lives.

We do have our insecurities but will never try to put down the others to make ourselves or our lives look better.

We are all who we are due to our personal priorities and we accept each other.Also, we are encouraging and positive with each other.

Our friendships happened in a very organic manner. We never worked hard for friendships.

We are very different personalities but we clicked coz we respect the other person for who they are.

I have met too many people in my life,always commenting something or the other,shallow friendships..just not worth it. I am always who I am.I will only be friends with people am comfortable with and relaxed.Same with them.

Being ourselves. The right people in our life will come to us some day or the other.

It has got absolutely nothing to do with women who work outside or SAHM.

I do not have many friends but very very few..Coz of the constraints I have.However..They are like Diamonds :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  4. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

In American soap opera stories on TV, single working moms are depicted as poachers of good husbands, especially those of SAHM's. Perhaps this might influence the behavior of the gang-of-stay-at-home-moms.

A gang of SAHM's? Animal group names | The Animal Facts

Here is a gedanken task for you: compare yourself in looks to each of the gang of your SAHM friends. Who is hotter ? Have you met her husband ? Why are working women, all other things like age, kids, normalized, more attractive*? Enough said :tonguewink:!

*For example....

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    Tubinbataye likes this.
  5. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Sounds all matured, perfect and healthy!
    I am slowly learning to break up with toxic ships. My circle is already small,and its getting more smaller that someday it'll be just me myself :nut:

6. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Yeah,No doubt I am more attractive and run my family in my own best way(jawdropping,trust me :D)
    I couldnt stand second guessing friendships. Was just wondering that's how the world is and I'm just overthinking or it's time for me to break up. Friendship break up hurts too!

Thyagarajan and Hopikrishnan like this.
  7. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

RFLMAO....:roflmao:
    One euphemism gets another in response.... :number_one:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

:tongueout: hyperboles are parts and parcel!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Op

I have seen all types of people and learned lessons not to get attached with anyone. I admire respect single moms and never judge anyone. I would say keep distance from people who judge or do not help. Don’t break up instead slowly distance.

anika987 likes this.