1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Have You Heard You Own Heartbeat?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Tubinbataye, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Recent few weeks I'm hearing my own heartbeat in my right ear. How much ever I distract myself I hear the thumping sound(could be blood flow,not sure).
    it's so much of info on the internet, has anyone experienced this ? any suggestions/ advice? I will soon book an appointment. But its so much disturbing in the ears. tia

2. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

OP,

Are you under any stress?. sometimes we hear heart beating fast when we are anxious.

3. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Pulsatile Tinnitis is often heard in only one ear.
    High BP, drinking too much (tut-tut:shakehead:), stress are all usually the causes.
    How long has it been going on? [do NOT answer this on the internet; answer it for yourself] How was the day previous to the start day of this heartbeat in right ear: did you do anything different ?
    Has it happened before? Or is it the first time?
    Usually doing stuff to reduce your blood pressure would make it go away. You know, stuff like eating bland, no alcohol, being nice to members of the household, drinking lots of water, meditating and quieting the heart down.

Rihana likes this.
  4. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Stress is kinda there always. I took a break from yoga for few days and noticed this recently.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  5. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

I just took a master health check up by May,it was all normal by then. I will have a check on BP. Stress is with me since few years. I practice yoga,this month is quite busy so took a break and since ~2 weeks I can hear esp in the nights and in the early mornings(I sleep as soon I hit the bed). That's my life goal. Working on 'em.

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I've felt it around the same times and have some idea about the cause.
    I don't know about being nice to members of the household will help.

7. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

;) If they are querulous, their noise can wipe out the noise within the ear. That reminds me ......

Whenever I use a noise cancelling headphones on the airplane, I tend to hear the heart pulse. And then it goes away, and comes back when I wake up again.

8. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Is it something to worry about? I will consult a doctor but just wanna hear from who sailed in the same