Finest Post Nominations - July 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Jul 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viswa, I am glad you nominated the post even after completing six nominations.

In Comparison Comes Between Contentment And Happiness @sln Sir has touched upon a topic that bears a frequently necessary reminder to all of us. I have to confess that even after being so aware of the perils of comparison, my mind does it unconsciously.

If I join a short line at the checkout, I am happy for a bit. Then, I see a new counter opened and people who were just joining my line go to the new counter. : ) I find a parking spot on a hot afternoon in a busy mall .. and then I am walking towards the mall, I see another spot open up.. my happiness lessens. And the one that I am most ashamed of recently -- comparing my upcoming vacation destination to that of others. Sigh.

Thank you @sln Sir. Many readers will benefit from your snippet and the relatable examples in it.

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Both dear

Rihana likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @lavani ,

Thank you for bringing 75-5 hard challenege here! I am truly grateful for @Gauri03 for starting the challenge and all the fellow ILites who have been posting and inspiring.
    Glad to hear it is very transforming for you and starting and restarting is the way we have to go sometimes, nothing to feel bad about. The challenge teaches us to aim for what we can do and do it dililgently. I love the way you said, "just advices to pick a pattern and stick" - that's what I love about it too! Thank you again!

Rihana likes this.
  4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

What a lovely and realistic narration of the swing from happiness to unhappiness. This happens a number of times every day, unknowingly dubbed as mood swings.
    Regards.SlN

Rihana likes this.
  5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear viswa,
    Thanks for the nomination.I am doubly happy today,as at the last count my book has received twelve reviews all with 5 star rating. if you open the link you may get to read all of them. Iam glad that I made the best use of corona times to get the book ready ,an otherwise tedious job in normal times.
    Regards
    SLN

Rihana, Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear SLN Sir,

I am so happy you published your snippets into a book. I have all of mine saved in a word document and waiting to edit it for publication. Thankfully, @Rihana has designed a beautiful cover page for the book but my dream to publish it is still in infant stage. I have a self doubt who was going to read all my spiritual musings?

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Viji for nominating the two responses by DDream.
    Silent Treatment
    Silent Treatment

In both the posts, DDream has provided useful and customizable steps to deal with the inevitable silent treatment that shows up in relationships. With more households living in a nuclear family setting, and since daily life has to go on during the no-talking phase, these steps help in returning to normalcy while also showing the other person its negative impact.

iyerviji likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.