1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Geriatric Club - Old Age & Beauty

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: GERIATRIC CLUB :hello:

upload_2021-4-2_14-46-43.jpeg

The contents in the message copied above are encouraging for the absentminded. It is heartening to note why I asa old person of nearing eighty act slow and why I often forget as to why I had enter the room from a distant drawing hall. But then, here, instead of knowing how it happens - it would have received more appreciation, if it had dealt with as to how to combat those situation.

On the heavier side, drugs taken over years by seniors as in controlling blood pressure reported to reduce the efficiency of kidney, reducing its bladder capacity and even damaging it. Aged persons lose sleep, sleep disturbed due to frequent urge to urinate, forget to empty bladder in full, incontinence etc.

On the lighter side, Ageing results in greying and fading memories and receding hairlines plus determines shape of things to come pear apple etc. word is gripped with problem of covering the ageing by huge quantity of cosmetics which contains parabens as a preservative in a market worth Several million dollars.

But recent findings are very discouraging for these product users. Parabens reported to have adverse effect on hormone production system and reproductive systems of both genders that can in turn cause damage to fertility and baby development.

In beauty parlours most of the cosmetics used contains substantial quantity of paraben and many customers reported that they suspect the creams for their breast cancer. They allege paraben in beauty products penetrates the skin and turn carcinogenic to cause breast cancer.

Initial studies reported that parabens can be extracted from human breast tissue and detected by thin-layer chromatography. ... The mean concentration of parabens 20 human breast tumours was found to be 20.6 +/- 4.2 ng x g(-1) tissue.

In constipation treatment certain herbal based products do contain paraben as preservative and prolonged use of those products reported to have resulted in IBS even among younger generations

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    umaakumar likes this.

2. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

That is really interesting to read. Thank you for sharing this.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

:hello: Thanks for one-liner appreciation. But one can appreciate more by his or her own views and more information whatever known related to the thread. There could be personal experience of usage of cosmetics with good or adverse results and penning those here would be a lesson or two for followers your & mine.

Your ETA is approaching June. Wish u all the best.
    Warm Regards.
    Thyagarajan

4. Thyagarajan

It it in order to send you congratulatory message? Your ETA was June!

5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear Thyagarajan,

It is as if I am the target group for this article. Aching bones, shaking hands, unsteady steps, memory loss, sleeplessness are the bane of old age particularly after celebrating Sadhabishekam. Interesting things however are remembered and as the saying goes "when breath becomes shorter and anecdotes becomes longer"it is a sign of old age. we repeat the anecdote and as my daughter says-you are telling me for the seventh time. Compensation however comes in the shape of priority in banks, airport etc. I would like to enjoy these privileges as long as they last. What if I call a fellow octogenerian Sankar as Subramaniam and he calls me Vasu instead of Lakshiminarayanan.We continue our friendship in our pseudo names much to merriment of other junior seniors.
    Regards-SLN

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thank you for humorous response.
    Regards.