1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The ‘75 Hard’ Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Gauri03, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

26th July

· Take a progress photo -- done
    · 45-minute workout – 45 min spinning + 1 hr walk + 45 min yoga
    · Drink 2L of water – done
    · Read 10 pages – done “This Land is Our Land”
    · Follow a diet program – > 18hrs
    · Chanting - > 25mins

2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

July 26: Day 43
    • Take a progress photo — Done
    • Walk - 47 minutes, yoga - 52 minutes
    • 3L water — Done
    • Reading — The Economist
    • Caloric intake ~ 1350 cals, IF ~ 16 hrs
    • Meditation — 10 minutes

Kaput, Kohvachn, Sandhya13 and 2 others like this.
  3. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Sorry, I havent been updating regularly, been a bit busy and in workshops with less time to surf.
    Also did my extended fast

Day23 : 18th July
    • Two 45 minute workouts – walk 90 mins + yoga 15mins
    • No Sweet
    • IF - 16 hrs
    • 10 mins pranayama
    Day24: 19th July
    • Two 45 minute workouts – walk 30 mins + walk 60 mins
    • No Sweet
    • IF - 16 hrs
    • 10 mins pranayama
    Day25: 20th July
    • Two 45 minute workouts – yoga60 mins + walk 45mins
    • No Sweet
    • IF - 15 hrs
    • 10 mins pranayama
    Day26: 21st July
    • Two 45 minute workouts – yoga 60 mins + walk 45 mins
    • No Sweet
    • IF - 16 hrs
    • 10 mins pranayama
    Day27: 22nd July
    • Two 45 minute workouts – cycle 45mins + walk 45 mins
    • No Sweet
    • IF - 17 hrs
    • 10 mins pranayama
    Day28: 23rd July
    • Two 45 minute workouts – yoga 30mins + walk 60mins
    • No Sweet
    • IF - 17 hrs
    • 10 mins pranayama
    Day29: 24th July
    • Two 45 minute workouts – Running errands - clocked 13.5K steps outside -- will take its as work out :-|
    • No Sweet
    • IF - Extended Fast
    • 10 mins pranayama
    Day30: 25th July
    • Two 45 minute workouts – cycle 30mins + yoga 60mins
    • No Sweet
    • IF - continuation of Extended Fast
    • 20 mins pranayama
    Day31: 26th July
    • Two 45 minute workouts – 30 mins stretch + walk 60mins
    • No Sweet
    • IF - 14 hours to adjust the timing
    • 15 mins pranayama

Kaput, Sandhya13, Srama and 2 others like this.
  4. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

So sweet of you for asking <3
    I eventually decided to not join that class. Somehow things didnt workout and I thought it was for the best. I have joined another in-person 6 month course on Yoga and Ayurveda. Just started but unfortunately because of the sudden lockdown("heightened alert") announcement here , group size cannot be more than 2 . So for the time being it is on Zoom. We are hoping that it will be relaxed in another 2 weeks. This one is not as intense - classes are not everyday but practice is expected to be done atleast 30 mins everyday. Fingers crossed that this one works out to be what I need.

Kaput, Sandhya13 and Srama like this.
  5. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

It has been 31 days of the challenge - my long winded reflections

No Sweets-
    It has been 2 months of no sweets consistently , and I no longer crave sugar. I have no temptation to eat even my fav sweets. Being a sugar addict I know all it takes is one kaju barfi or one ice cream for me to relapse so yeah I intend to keep the sweets off. I still take 3/4 tsp jaggery with my tea but that doesnt make crave for more yet. It has gotten so much easier, now.

IF - quite consistent with the fasting and fasting window is not at all the problem. But there is some snacking in my eating window still, reliance on fruits, tea, nuts and worse pori (mori)/ microwaved papad. Some days are good and somedays , :facepalm:

Walking continues to be my go to "exercise" and my saviour. I love to walk at night - it is a kind of unwinding of the day, DH usually accompanies me so it means there is discussing/ chatting/ at times even arguing/but mostly companionable silence. It does wonders for my mind, On days I am irritated , let me put blame on hormones, these walks take the bite out of me. On most days my pace is between 5-6kmph and a good heart rate. Some days I drag myself for the sake of the challenge and a persistent DH - on those days my pace can be like 3.5 kmph. Walking outdoors keeps me grounded, and if I dont go for 2 consecutive days, the third day I will get a headache and be crabby, even if I have been doing an hour long of yoga - I dont understand why this walking has such an impact on my mind. I would say that if anything my consistent walking is far more for my mind than my body.

Yoga class, I should make my practice more consistent and preferably at a regular timing. The problem with me doing yoga is first I feel comfortable doing it only 3-4 hrs after a proper meal or 2 hours after tea/coffee/nut snack . And I dont like to be hurried, I dont like to be disturbed, and take my own sweet time to decide what asanas I want to do take atleast 60-90 mins - from asanas to savaasana to pranayama. Added to this , work gets in the way , and sometimes my procrastination . I do love the sense of accomplishment when I do my practice though. Now that I have joined a course, I hope to practice it every morning even if it is for 30 mins.

Strength training - something I should get started on. And do consistently. If I can do this twice a week consistently , I would be elated. I have had so many starts the past couple of year, nothing sustained over a month. Need to figure out how to incorporate this. I prefer working with low weight dumb bells and body weight. Can any of you suggest you tube videos(low impact, low-moderate intensity) not more than 30 mins ( 45 mins if it includes warmup and cool down) I would be :banana: . Any other suggestions are also welcome

Recording all this down ,so at the end of the challenge, I can look back to see any progress ...

Kaput, Kohvachn, Gauri03 and 3 others like this.
  6. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Day 16 27th July

Walking 45 minutes
    Diet no junk
    Water intake 2 litres
    Reading 10 minutes
    Sloka chanting 30 minutes
    No social media

Day 17 28th July

Walking 45 minutes
    Diet no junk
    Water intake 2 litres
    Reading 20 minutes
    Sloka chanting 30 minutes
    No social media

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

27th July

· 45-minute workout – 1 hr walk
    · Chanting - > 15mins

28th July

· 45-minute workout – 1 hr walk + 1 hr yoga
    · Chanting - > 15mins

8. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

I am back after a long break. You all are dong great! I read your updates from time to time and that really helped me stay motivated. There was one thing after the other that kept me away from logging in. First, it was a tight deadline for a very challenging task at work, which we accomplished and exceeded the expectations. It was a team effort but I made a huge contribution which was instrumental in delivering a high quality product with new ideas. I felt happy and proud about this. I had to work ~10 hours that week but was worth it. I am grateful for this WFH routine which made it easier. Then, I had a huge fight with DH the following week (our differences in parenting) and things were said in heat of the moment that he didn't mean. I am fine with heated arguments and all but I expect that we don't cross the line to be disrespectful/get into personal attacks. I can say with confidence I follow that rule all the time but he has absolutely no control over what he says when he gets agitated. He can go way out of line and he did on that day. I was pretty hurt and felt disrespected and unappreciated. We didn't talk much for a couple of days until he sincerely apologized and then we worked out our differences. We have been doing pretty good managing work and little kids during the past couple of years including the pandemic times and the recent incident was totally unexpected. I didn't believe a parenting discussion (aka accusation) would end up in such a huge fight. He made promises and hopefully will keep it. There was some fault at my end too for letting it go this far. I realize that adding meditation to my routine will be invaluable. It will not only calm my mind but also will enhance the positive traits. I have read the updates and general discussion about meditation in mind over matter thread and other threads too. I have decided to incorporate meditation into my routine.

In these 3 weeks that I was absent here, I followed my routine most days except for a few when I did not workout. 2 days was due to periods and one day my toddler was too cranky and would sleep only on my lap so couldn't do my night workout. I followed IF 14-15 hours all these days though. My diet during the eating window was so out of control. I am finding it tempting to eat when the whole family eats during my eating window (pizza, ice cream, chocolates, crispy Indian snacks etc.) especially when I am a bit down and then later feel bad. I did not gain any weight though. I am not going to count days as I hoping to follow the routine as a lifestyle change. Here are my updates for this week:

July 26, 2021:
    1. IF - 14 hours -- DONE
    2. 20-min full body workout -- DONE
    3. 40-min walking -- DONE
    4. Meditation 10 mins -- DONE
    5. Facial skin care -- DONE
    6. Reading 15 mins -- DONE

July 27, 2021:
    1. IF - 14 hours -- DONE
    5. Facial skin care -- DONE

July 28, 2021:
    1. IF - 14 hours -- DONE; followed 15 hour fasting window
    5. Facial skin care -- MISSED; actually forgot

P.S - after writing all this I kind of feel this space as a journal :)

SunPa, Kaput, stayblessed and 2 others like this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @SunPa ,

Thank you for the update.
    This class sounds amazing for four reasons - in person, 6 months, yoga/ayurveda and finally expected practice of 30 min/day! So happy to hear that and I can't wait to get some helpful hints and insights from you Sunpa!

Thanks for sharing - I so appreciate it!

SunPa and Kaput like this.
  10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Sandhya13 ,

All those likes back to back as I was online had me grinning wide :) Welcome back!

Kaput and Sandhya13 like this.