1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The ‘75 Hard’ Challenge

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Gauri03, Jun 3, 2021.

1. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Day 14 25th July

Walking 45 minutes
    Diet no junk
    Water intake 2 litres
    Reading 10 minutes
    Sloka chanting 30 minutes
    No social media

Kaput, Sandhya13, Srama and 1 other person like this.
  2. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

July 24: Day 41
    • Take a progress photo — Done
    • Hike - 100 minutes, Rowing - 15 minutes
    • 3L water — Done
    • Reading — The Economist
    • Caloric intake ~ 1350 cals, IF ~ 18 hrs
    • Meditation — 10 minutes
    July 25: Day 42
    • Take a progress photo — Done
    • Walk - 48 minutes, yoga - 50 minutes
    • 3L water — Done
    • Reading — The Economist
    • Caloric intake ~ 1350 cals, IF ~ 13 hrs
    • Meditation — 10 minutes

Kaput, Kohvachn, Sandhya13 and 2 others like this.
  3. Gauri03

Thanks for the encouraging words S! You always have the right words to soothe the spirit. I cannot convey in words what having the company of all the wonderful ladies on this thread has meant. Each one, whether they were around for a bit or the long haul, has helped me to keep going on days when motivation was low. I can say with complete sincerity that I would not have made it this far into the challenge without the inspiration that y’all bring to this thread. Thank you to each and everyone who has been a part of this!

Like you I can’t wait to be done with the challenge. It is relentless! 90 minutes of workouts every single day is punishing. I don’t plan to stop but I will transition to a more manageable version of the same habits.

Ha ha! So you’ve been busy spreading the 75-Hard gospel. I’ve roped in a few people too and they are not too pleased with me either. : )

4. Gauri03

How early do you mean? If you need to eat by 8am then you could try a 14-10 version of IF with a 10 hour eating window from 8am to 6pm. If your body needs breakfast then eat a nutritious breakfast. Powering through headaches won’t do you any good. Remember the best type of fast is the one you can stick to.

Something that has helped me with headaches is drinking an electrolyte solution someone suggested on Reddit. I tried a few 24 hour fasts last year and suffered terrible headaches about 18-20 hours into the fasts. Someone mentioned that the loss of electrolytes, caused by the lack of food, is the root cause of the headaches. I can’t say for certain whether it was the solution or the placebo effect but something worked.

Here’s the recipe - dissolve salts in the water and drink in place of plain water as needed.

2L water
    1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt for some Sodium Chloride
    1 tsp No-Salt (brand name) for Potassium Chloride
    1/2 tsp Epsom Salts (Food Grade) for Magnesium
    1 tsp Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) for the bulk of the Sodium requirement.

Kaput, Kohvachn, Sandhya13 and 3 others like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Kaput ,

I agree with Gauri's suggestions. Start off with 14 - 10 and graduate to 16 - 8

Again, some of it depends on your nature - do you do better not eating during the day or dinner times?

For headaches, what has worked for me is half a can (small one) of sprite. I don't know why but it works like magic to me. I cannot manage fasting during the day. So just to give you another perspective, here's what you can do -
    Dinner done by 7 pm and morning breakfast can start at 9 am and like @Gauri03 asked, depends on how early you wake up. If you wake up early enough and 9 seems like too much of a time, intitially do not hesitate to take some liquids like coffee ( I know right!!) and then gradute to water ....this is where 2 liters of that water is helping me :)

Don't be hard on your self - allow your body to adapt. You watch it, your body I mean and tweak your plan. This is a marathon and we are in it for the long haul. So be kind to yoursef.

I know everyone on this thread will agree that it is amazing that you are doing this along with your little one and your journey there - we are all here to support you and I can tell you it only gets better.

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Gauri03 ,

I echo your feelings - thank goodness for the support here!
    Oh I hear you about those 90 min workouts. When I signed up, I knew that summer break and all the classes I teach, all the friends I sign up to help with their walking routines will help me cruise through the two work outs in a jiffy but my challenge was elsewhere - one 45 min workout consistently every morning by myself.

And I didnot mention my family along with these three other friends. I realized the challenge's impact when my DD yesterday said "Mom, once school starts i would like to finish the challenege before heading out to school and not wait until after". I have to confess, I was suprised. In my mind, all of this with family will stop once school begins but hey, kids always surprise us!

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

23rd July

· Take a progress photo -- done
    · 45-minute workout – 50 min yoga + 1.30 hr walk
    · Drink 2L of water – done
    · Read 10 pages – done “This Land is Our Land”
    · Follow a diet program – > 18hrs
    · Chanting - > 25mins

24th July

· 45-minute workout – 1 hr yoga
    · Chanting - > 15mins

25th July

· 45-minute workout – 1.30 hr yoga
    · Chanting - > 45mins

8. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

yes i used to. and this bothered me a lot. i stopped morning and instead changed heavy proteins based in morning and close to evening lunch. sorry this may not fall in rules of IF. but it fit my work and home duty. cannot have upset day due to my decisions.

Kaput, Sandhya13, Srama and 1 other person like this.
  9. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Sorry, I have been out of the loop.

I missed 5 days of exercise: 2 days were due to heavy periods and for the last few days air quality has been bad in our area due to wildfires.

I have been doing 4x Martial arts classes and eating healthy, drinking a lot of water, reading (finished Whistling Vivaldi and The beekeeper of Aleppo). I will be regular with my updates from now on.

Kaput, Sandhya13, Srama and 2 others like this.
  10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Day 15 26th July

Walking 1 hour
    Diet no junk
    Water intake 2 litres
    Reading 10 minutes
    Sloka chanting 30 minutes
    No social media