How Do You Find Time To Study

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by SuiDhaaga, Jul 23, 2021.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I am taking self-paced certifications.

When I call full-day class i am given space and privacy.

However when it comes time to study
    - I got chores
    - I got administrative things to take care of
    - Sometimes I get emergencies which traumatize me

When I finally get air gaps of time, I am exhausted to tears.

How do you study. Do you study only on weekends, early in morning before anyone wakes up.

I am so so so frustrated!

vrikshakadali and Thyagarajan like this.

2. Pri25080

Pri25080 Bronze IL'ite

Even I am in the same boat ☹️

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2021
    SuiDhaaga likes this.
  3. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Firstly studying doesnt mean you'l need a zen corner to start with. With always being handfull I prefer podcasts, videos while doing vessels, drying/folding clothes and other small chores. If that works for you!
    All the best :)

Thyagarajan and SuiDhaaga like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

No need to fret & fume for lack of ingenious ideas to find time to studies.

I used to have too many irons in the fire during my academics. To remain less distracted and disturbed, I used to prefer study spaces in open parks, roof of my country tiled house. Waiting time for bus and train and during travel or commuting too would turn into my studytime. Dexterous avoidance of pals and phones, gain importance during studies.

There was a time, I used to begin my studies exactly at one O’Clock I.e. just after midnight. *I get into sleep at 8 p.m. and get wake up when alarm goes on at 12:45 p.m.. ....at desk, everything kept in readiness to begin the study including a thermos full of beverage. I do not have fixed time to go back to bed once I commenced studies at one AM.

* Glossing Over Subject Line

Sometime combine studies adapted wherever it suits for that ons has to find out friends with common interest. The ennui or boredom of study can be killed to a great extent in this mode of studies. At times it could be invigorating.

Wish you all the best in your academic endeavour.
    Thanks and Regards.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2021
    SuiDhaaga and RatnaMalliswari like this.
  5. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hello
    Everyone has their own study time,analyse which time you are more active.
    In your active mode concentration will be more.you can do smart work instead of hard work.
    If you are not morning lazy person,you can wake up early hours,which we say bramha muhurtham time 4 to 5.30 before sunrise.
    But fix your routine time for studies, decide which time is best,that you can devote.
    Have good study environment,except things related to subject you are studying nothing else should be around you.
    Have proper time table,so that you can finish in that particular time.
    Make short notes,use can use techniques like mind maps, or record your own voice,note making etc.
    You can listen anywhere if you have recording,I make audio and video recording of my own notes for a quick reading of that topic and save in mobile as well as back up copy in laptop.
    Revise them frequently using these techniques.
    Write all your task for day,classify them in grid
    • urgent Important
    • not urgent but Important
    • Urgent not important
    • Not urgent not important
    We all feel to study,but lot interruption divert us and due to lack of planning that ultimately leads to fear out of which we get tears.
    This happens with everyone,I suggest take own time think cooly and prepare schedule in Excel sheet or on a paper.
    Track it daily and any deviations write reason so that you can cut down them.
    Secret of studying is just get connected with subject,it will give you new ideas to study more.
    Wherever you move see you are in touch with your subject,it devlop interest.
    Don't worry about breaks in between your studies, bookmark till where you have studied and try as quickly to return back to your point where you left.
    Don't get frustration it happens with everyone,you have crossed so many milestone,this just small one before the all other things you did so far.
    I study regularly as my profession demands.
    Hope my points will be useful to you.
    I wish you All the best
    Regards
    Ratna

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  6. SuiDhaaga

I wish I can unlike because it is sad

7. SuiDhaaga

Podcasts? I wish I can record the lectures. So far it's a free e-book and a whole bunch of hands on labs.

But yeah, i can see how Podcasts help one multi-task.

8. SuiDhaaga

1 o'clock in the morning. So you are getting little less than 5 hours of sleep.

Lately I have been fortunate enough to sleep by 8am. i usually get up 4:30-ish. If I can scale back to 8 hours, that might make room for early morning study.

I certainly see how it can be invigorating. You are studying while everyone around you sleeps.

Study on a rooftoop? Wow!

Thank you for these great ideas and narrative.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. SuiDhaaga

Oh wow, you make voice notes. Then I can follow @Tubinbataye 's advice on listening while doing chores.

Make your own voice recording of notes and listen back.

Very fantastic

I just got an ipad mini where I can use excel across my applications. I am literally typing in a grid as we speak.

Cuz there is just so much to do, it needs to be categorized.

I appreciate all these wonderfull wonderful ideas!!!!

Thyagarajan and RatnaMalliswari like this.
  10. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

Depending on the time zone I worked on weekdays I kept fixed 2 hrs either morning 8-10 or night 10-12/12.30 and on weekends mostly evening 4-7 and night 9-12. I made short notes daily on what I studied and I glance it whenever I get time. On weekends I go through again on entire week’s topics and I take online tests if any available on those topics. Only for PMP I took a month break from work. For entire week DH & I used to cook on weekends and kept ready for weekdays, rest of any other daily chores he took care.

Induslady, Thyagarajan and SuiDhaaga like this.