What's Your Strategy To Deal With Unexpected Stress?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by abc00, Jul 5, 2021.

1. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

Yes, that’s a very good point we shouldn’t feed our mind with negative thoughts.

Its good to read all responses and learn from them. I am asking following question only to expand my horizon of thinking, understanding and for solutions that if any one has implemented

The number of negative thoughts that comes to our mind gradually decrease by time but how we can deal with those that comes immediately when we are in certain situation or person that’s stressful?[/QUOTE]

RatnaMalliswari likes this.
  2. sandhya2020

sandhya2020 Silver IL'ite

I have dealt with some extreme stress in the past . I didnt even think how to reduce the stress. As situation was very urgent and bad. Later, I learnt the only way to reduce the stress is to ignore the events and focus only on the most important goals of life.

amulya2020 likes this.
  3. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Positive and negative thoughts
    Many like me are struggling with this negative thoughts,let me tell you all,how I am dealing with it.when we come across certain situations in life, thinking negative is common,at the same time you can't be positive always.For instance someone not well,doctor said it's difficult,at this we can't be positive ,it's obvious that negative comes in our mind.
    Observe the thought coming,take proactive action instead of being panic.sometimes negative thinking make us to take correct action,if we are positive then it may lead to wrong way.
    I am doing breathing excercise as already mentioned earlier post,I am getting relief.Being in problem is not wrong, coming out of it is important.
    Take right amount of food,water and have sound sleep.Have enough time for you,do activity which makes you feel happy.
    Do meditation twice a day,start your day with good thoughts.
    Be gratitude to life and yourself,small things make big difference.
    It's all about how you see and handle.
    Regards
    Ratna

amulya2020 likes this.
  4. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

If the stress caused due to my own actions, I will try to retrospect with in self and focus on fixing those areas, but if it is caused beyond my control or due others action/behavior I will try to avoid thinking about it by getting busier with external things like at work/focussing on self routine like going to gym/involving in pooja rituals doing these things not only relieves my stress of thinking past incidents which caused those hurtful remarks passed by others/incident all together and make me look forward for something positive!! I got used picking myself on every fall, if nothing works I reach out to my mom, who usually boosts me with her counseling by giving third person perspective in most of the tough scenarios!!

5. sankara1

sankara1 Silver IL'ite

For sure! Keep it simple. Consistency is the most important thing.

Every hour, put a reminder on your phone, and stop what you are doing, sit in a chair with straight back, feet flat on the floor, hands on your thighs or comfortable for you. Eyes closed. Inhale through your nose for 4 seconds, counting the seconds and exhale out of your mouth for 4 seconds. Do this for 8 rounds.

Practice this consistently for two weeks and mark a checkmark on the calendar on the day that you did it.

Tell me how you feel after two weeks. We an assess.

RatnaMalliswari likes this.