1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Are You A Talkative Or A Quiet Person?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Jul 11, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

That’s nice to know

2. preethignan

preethignan Silver IL'ite

I observe people a lot before getting friendly with them. I can't be friends with everyone, I have my own limitations in gelling with people. Most of the people whom I have been friendly with turned out to be mere acquaintances they didn't bother to reply after I moved out of the place. Now I don't get connected emotionally at all with anyone. I am more at peace these days and found a new solace in Kindle. I still have a couple of friends from childhood whom I share anything and everything. But people change with time and making new friends after few years becomes a huge task.

anika987 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

So true…i can’t agree with you more!!

4. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I am quiet and can talk to only those I am close to. But I was not aware of how and when to talk in a joint family and did a lots of mistakes.

anika987 likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I did a lot of mistakes too and now am very stressed to even talk to relatives.

If there is one big regret in life..it is wasting time and energy talking to someone who don’t care.

SCA, chanchitra and messedup like this.
  6. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I was very talkative, now not much,I talk with very close group.Earlier my group was as big as universe , thereafter it became world country,then state,city now town hahaha.But I am happy,it is saving my energy.Now my communication is more in words.
    Earlier I wrote snippet on slience,you can check at @RatnaMalliswari .
    Following are quotes I wrote on slience.
    Regards
    Ratna

Attached Files:

Thyagarajan, SCA and anika987 like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dad said God has given me two years and one mouth so that I listen more and speak and eat less!
    I remember to have read in TOI In link below the signs in zodiac who are tend to introverts or extroverts or a mix.

The 5 zodiac signs that are introverts and don’t mind social distancing | The Times of India
    If one fails to speak the right word at right moment with right (or wrong) people, he may encounter disasters.

I used to talkative the moment I get fairly a sizeable audience but the moment I find some one bestowed with wisdom, I keep shut and open my ears. I learnt from my dad as to how much to reveal in speech and to choose words that doesn’t hurt the other and the third party!

Some would begin some sob stories to impel you to reveal parallel d
    Anecdote in your life. Overcome temptation to tell your parallel incidents lest it could boomerang.

To conclude it is wisdom and pays rich dividend to be introvert at times but then it is equally true there are times you got to be an extrovert. There are places or situations where to remain silent is catastrophic. Silence can be mistaken for hidden wisdom is not true always.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  8. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

words of wisdom, agree being an introvert has it's benefits, but some people including own family members do misunderstand that when you speak little, we are taken as someone who is not caring enough or emotional.

messedup, chanchitra and anika987 like this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

cute and funny:)

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

true..but always felt if one wants to be an extrovert or talkative..one also needs to be mentally strong to take what comes their way.Being quiet is a form of self defense mechanism.

messedup and Thyagarajan like this.