1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Love Marriage Vs Arranged Marriage..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by anika987, Jul 9, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

madhavan_3.jpeg I have always been fascinated by love marriages.

Mine is an arranged marriage, it was pretty exciting to start. a new future with someone whom we do not have complete idea about.pretty risky:)
    Marriages are a gamble..either we win or lose but it is part of the risk we take.Over the years,we understood our flaws and plus and worked our way and now we are in a comfortable stage.
    My disappointment could be the romance factor.I never had him fawing over me,or calling me all the time like how I have seen people in love do.Especially for someone who grew up watching romantic movies and songs..it was a clear disappointment.However..he is a practical person and quite a gentleman and until today remained the same.So far so good.

I was always curious about love marriages.Did you have the gush of butterflies feeling,him going ga ga over you?Was it so blissful?After your wedding, is your romance stlll lasting or things changed?

I remember back in college days..I have watched guys and girls in coffee shops and malls together but I had never even had one proposal in my life!I never knew how it will be to fall in love..:) but it is always in the back of my head even after so many years!It is one of my unfulfilled expectations but it's okay ..better luck for me next birth:)

For others who did not get to marry whom they wanted..do you still remember the person you loved?did you get to meet him again?apologize if i was too curious:) I always wanted to know..

P.S :Watched Alaipayudhey (maddy movie),it's night time and such a romantic movies aspired me to start this thread..:)

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Only few love marriages work. Before marriage everything is ok but after marriage we come to know the real person.

I had also loved someone but did not work rather no courage to tell the parents. In our days you are not supposed to talk to men .
    If you meet them outside you should be like strangers

Me and my colleague used to go together to office but noone suspected us. That was in 1965. Till now we are good friends. Even his wife knows about our friendship and I only changed her name after marriage.

When we completed 50yrs of friendship they both came and gave me a saree.You need not be in love but you can be friendly

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

awww...that was so sweet! true,one can be friendly!

iyerviji likes this.
  4. iyerviji

Thanks for the likes
    So many likes but no comment

Hopikrishnan likes this.
  5. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Liked this one.
    Going to work outside the home can work out in Plan-A or Plan-B.
    When the feedback is just so apt, people need time to recover from their emotions.

6. Hopikrishnan

This is the phase of life when you are mixing unmentionables together in the wash-cycle, then dry and fold them neatly ?
    Romance transitions. There are men and women who may gush with feelings while straightening out the dryer wrinkles, hand fold, press them in bundles, and put them in the dresser drawers. Amazingly loving gestures, can easily do by oneself, when the other is absent.
    Such scenes are never shown in movies.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Thanks

8. Hopikrishnan

Thanks to YOU that all of the current gen' can understand that love and marriage do not have to necessarily go together. One can love before marriage as well as after marriage. Love may last 50+ years, no need for cohabitation. Spouses can stand to deserve the love, when they exercised their options adequately, or merely receive the duty from their married partners.
    Lord Mountbatten, the last British Viceroy of India, understood that. It is fortunate that men are blessed with simple-minded notions of the various things.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  9. iyerviji

You are right one can love before and after marriage.
    It depends on the husband to have confidence in his wife that love towards him is genuine and always
    Thanks for your compliments. Glad you liked my post

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Hopikrishnan

:smile: When lots of people click "like" button, and not comment, you can easily understand how much they are SO impressed by your opinion, that they have no immediate answer to come back and say anything in a comment.
    I do enjoy your opinions in posts.

Thyagarajan, iyerviji and Mistt like this.