1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ishvara The Parent And Jiva The Child

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Jul 4, 2021.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

ISHVARA THE PARENT AND JIVA THE CHILD

The tree produces a seed, giving it its own nature; it drops the seed on the ground, and the seed slowly grows, putting out its hidden powers, until it becomes a tree like its parent; it can become nothing else, because its nature is the same as that of the parent.

And so with the Jiva; like the seed he is dropped into matter by Ishvara, he slowly grows,, putting out his hidden powers, until he becomes Ishvara; he can become passing nothing else, because his nature is the same as that of his parent, Ishvara.

kaluputti, Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

A pleasant sweet thought about celestial force power in programming that remains powerful to last eternity till infinity.
    It reminds me - The popular quote from poem of William Wordsworth
    “Child is The Father of Man” .

Seeds are every where with programme of intended growth embedded in it. The land is dry. The air is dry. But the moment a drizzle or shower helps the dormant programme in seed get activated . The seed is universe Ishwar is the programme and soil a drain are the gyan.

Thanks and Regards

3. HariLakhera

True. In fact, we have a lake in our backyard and turtles moving up on the ground from the lake is common. My GD told me they come to lay eggs. I have yet to see turtle eggs and was curious to know where to find them, in vain. My GD said they dig the ground, lay eggs and cover it. I googled for details and came to know that the she turtle never returns. The hatching happens and baby turtles come out but very few make it.
    This is like a tree dropping its seeds and more trees coming up. From seed to tree, from tree to seed. Same way from egg to Turtle from turtle to egg.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Hari Sir,

Excellent thoughts. Your poetic lines sounded like Rev. Berg's book, "Nano: Technology of mind over matter". He also called a vessel was created to replicate the divine and the vessel won't separate as it had the same quality of the divine. Hence, he created two other qualities i.e. a) to receive grace and reciprocate and b) to receive and retain. These are known in Sanatana Dharma as Sattvic, Rajasic and Tamosic qualities of human beings. He went to the extent of saying in every sub-atomic particle, these qualities are reflected in the form of Proton, Neutron and Electron.

In Kena Upanishad, Guru Pippadala explains to his Shisyas that there are only two entities called a) Purusha and b) Prikriti and explains that Purusha is an unmanifested while Prakriti is manifested. The Sun and food are two essential elements needed to sustain Prakriti. The light in a human is the life force and the food that sustains the rest called senses, body and mind. There isn't any that doesn't have the Purusha in it. It is everywhere and is in everything. The veil of Maya that prevents us from seeing its unmanifested form in everything.

Thyagarajan and HariLakhera like this.
  5. HariLakhera

Dear Shri Viswa,
    Thanks a lot for your words of wisdom. It is wonderful to observe how nature is so fulfilling and never ending source of survival for each and every living being. We can learn it from trees and plants that grow anywhere everywhere unattended. Source of survival-air in the atmosphere, light and warmth from sun and nutrients from earth. The tree draws its food from the earth and in return sheds leaves to make earth rich and fertile. I guess even the carcases of animals and other living beings adds to the fertility of earth.
    All in the spirit of give and take or take and give.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  6. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

Excellent Hari ji....! Profound thoughts expressed in simple words..! Growing is necessary to understand the similarity.

HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. HariLakhera

Thank you.

8. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Sorry, I don't believe in the body-soul When we cease to exist, there's no jiva. And if there is an Ishvara, he owes a lot of jivas an apology. Lot of jivas who have perished due to hunger, poverty, diseases, persecution, religion and politics.

HariLakhera likes this.
  9. HariLakhera

I too have not seen this 'soul' thing. It can only be felt. It is like air in the atmosphere, can feel but not see. It is like sugar in the tea, can taste but not see. The birth of a child is biological and so is the death. As for perishing due to hunger, poverty, etc, ( I will even include abortions, girl child infanticide) this is not the fate of humans only. It is the fate of all living beings. Some eat their own eggs. There is no count of deaths before births.
    But one thing is certain, having taken birth, death is inevitable.
    However,the example of tree and seed and jiva and Ishavara is limited to the extent that as a seed can regrow as same tree, so a jiva can be Ishavara if he tries. Ishwara can represent God or Goodness.