Who Deserves To Be Seated & Why

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by Thyagarajan, Jun 30, 2021.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I too didn't think about it. But after reading that post I felt like if this thing didn't came to my mind then somewhere I might became like that. I shouldn't guessed it for all. I apologize for that.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Dear, you didn’t think that because the question was just hypothetical and you just answered the exact question of what you would do.. Don’t think too much dear ! Your answer shows you are a kind hearted , compassionate and thoughtful person :)

Thyagarajan and messedup like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

There is no correct or very right answer here. It depends largely on mental make up. On the spot evaluation I should say.

In city like Chennai, a team of people engaged in activities like pick pocketing, chain snatching, blade cutting & emptying contents from the hanging shoulder or sling bags of vanity of commuters, one has got to be very careful in deciding to offer or accept a seat from strangers.

One has to view with suspicion especially in a bus crowded and standees blocking the entrance exit passages. Jampacked Buses plying to and from in T Nagar & Pondy Bazzar areas prone to this kind of activities.

A kind lady seated in aisle instead of offering a seat, collected the baby from standing woman and after two halts of the bus, she returned the baby to the mother and offered her seat and exited in a jiffy. Then it was found the baby’s silver anklets missing.

An old man offered seat by an agile boy and the man seated next was glad that boy vacated his seat and offered it to ailing old man.

The man next alighted at next halt and found to his dismay, the bottom of rexin shoulder bag was cut open and contents removed. It was last working day of the month for the man employed in Government. After alighting, the man discovered that his salary received in cash concealed in lunch box missing.

I have seen standing passengers in local trains & public transports, many decline to accept seats offered by strangers.

But in cosmopolitan city like Mumbai then Bombay my experience was different and unique. A young man with his spouse sitting on lower deck, saw a fragile aged couple standing together at far end of the double decker. He stood up quickly reached the couple held their hands and bring them to his vacant seat. He made the old lady to sit on lap of his spouse and also seated the old man on his lap. All were on a long one hour ten minutes journey from Chembur diamond gardens to Electric House. BEST. Conductors strict and a disciplined lot and would not allow standees more than allowed as per rules displayed inside near the entrance.

Emphathise and sympathise with care!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    Laks09, joylokhi and stayblessed like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

I thank all the participants in this fun game. It serves as a litmus test to gauge the human mind in interviews online and in person. Out of box thinking over obvious answers get special credit in selection process which is automated upto certain level.

A garment manufacturer M to conduct an interview for garment of exotic and in-thing in design for fashion world.

Many Young men & women were awaiting for their turn and in agog to be called in.
    After a while M with her Man-Friday came out to reception. Helloing the candidates, she said bid loudly to her ManFriday that she needs old issues of fashion magazines & turned her head toward anxious candidates said,” my apologies. The interview would begin only after an hour”.

Hearing this, one young lady among the candidates stood up and briskly trotted away. She returned back to the reception after half an hour but with a heavy hamper in her hand.

A while later, the lady with her man Friday came out and announced that interview would begin then. Candidates thought that she is going to ask screening questions at the reception itself.

The young woman who went out abruptly some time ago returned with hamper then straight gone to the lady M and handing over the hamper said, “ here are the old issues of fashion magazines”.

A Surprised & Impressed M enquired her from where she could collect these magazines so soon.
    Young lady politely said, “ from beauty parlour few blocks away from this office”.

M said looking at other candidates, “the interview is just over and this young lady is appointed. Thanks to all of you”.

GOD - DO YOU LOVE EXAMS & interviews?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    Laks09, KashmirFlower and messedup like this.
  5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Messedup,
    No worries. Still empathy exists so all standing persons in that original post sit somewhere in the bus.

Thyagarajan and messedup like this.
  6. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

I found this which is exactly what we all expect ..

7. Thyagarajan

Thanks for posting the video which teaches the moral values and nurture the future society.
    Regards.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021