Vismaya Dowry Death.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by chanchitra, Jun 25, 2021.

1. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

A shocking incident of a 24-year-old Kerala woman, Visamaya V Nair has come up. Nair was recently found hanging in her apartment, and she had reportedly sent messages to her family about being harassed for dowry by her in-laws.

The incident has brought up a conversation about India's outdated and barbaric custom of dowry, and how it still continues to plague our society till date, even in the most seemingly progressive households and communities.
    She was worried about what people would say if she left Kiran: Vismaya's mother
    The mother even after knowing the abuse didn't force her to come back home.
    The father and brother are saying they were not aware of the abuse.How come the mom didn't inform her husband about the abuse.
    Why is " log kya kahenge " more important than human life.
    Isn't a divorced daughter better than a dead daughter.
    When will indian society change. FB_IMG_1624595424207.jpg

2. chanchitra

3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I just read that Vismaya was a final year Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery student. Hmm! Parents knew about their evil Son in law and still they didn't care about her daughter's safety and happiness. Great!
    Parent's mind set need to change but a long way to go.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    joylokhi and chanchitra like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Pathetic at this age when reports womenfolk achieving greater heights overcoming all kind of barriers from any quarter. Girl’s mother should have taken her husband to confidence and taken bold steps with police if necessary.
    I am very sorry for the young wife who had resorted to this end.

chanchitra and Hopikrishnan like this.
  5. Swetha52003

Swetha52003 Gold IL'ite

Her parents advised her not to go back to KIran’s place and divorce him. She agreed too.. Sadly she was emotionally attached to that monster.. because in between his abuses he showered her with love too ( her friend’s words) . So the poor girl thought he loved her. When she went to attend her college exams from her parental home, Kiran went there, emotionally blackmailed and took her back to his home.. Vismaya went with him without telling her parents. And this Kiran blocked her parent’s and brother’s numbers in her phone. So the parents were in dark. They didn’t know she went back with him. They were against it.

This “trauma bonding “ with the abuser is more dangerous than dowry, I think.. When someone ask just dowry we know that person’s intention and can avoid it straightly. But abuse with emotional attachment , and the victim believing abuser doing all these out of love and caring is the most toxic relationship.

6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Swetha52003 You had posted different version. Where do You find it? I read This only.

7. chanchitra

Parents too wouldn't have thought that the girl would die.she is a final year Ayurveda student.
    She should have returned to her parents home when the abuse was getting severe.

Swetha52003 likes this.
  8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Sir,
    Her father too knew about how his son in law was torturing his daughter.

Vismaya’s father Thrivikraman Nair alleged that Kiran Kumar is responsible for her daughter’s murder. “She could not have taken her life. She was murdered,” he said.

He alleged that Kiran used to assault Vismaya under the influence of alcohol. “He had beaten up her in my presence once. His mother too assaulted her,” he alleged.

Nair said Kiran broke Vismaya’s mobile phone for wishing him on Father's Day (June 20).

Vismaya's father Thrivikraman Nair said the family had given Kiran 100 sovereigns of gold and over one acre land besides a car worth Rs 10 lakh as dowry during their wedding. "But, he did not like the car and wanted Rs 10 lakh as cash instead. As I said it was not possible, he used to torture my daughter

Source

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    chanchitra likes this.
  9. chanchitra

10. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

May be she shouldn't have confident to parents support her. She was in touch with her mom. What I feel is parents knew what was going on in her life but whatever reasons they just watched a miserable movie quietly. Can't acceptable their reaction towards their son in law.

chanchitra likes this.