1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cat Awaits Cow’s Milk

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by Thyagarajan, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: CAT AWAITS COW’s MILK :hello:

IT CAN always enter stealthily land on kitchen platform or counter and enjoy dishes fresh stacked and kept ready to serve. It is diurnal. It can see more better in night.

A cat has
    nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays". This may be where the myth that cats have nine lives came from, but the proverb is not meant in seriousness.

Sighting a cat is bad omen in some places. At age of twelve, I was to cook. I needed charcoal stored in a huge copper vessel. It was in a corner without lid in Illlit small kitchen. When I sneaked a peek, I began screaming as the cat in black colour dived out of it.

Once glass of tepid hot milk left on table for me while spouse told me to have it soon before it turns too cold. Turmeric added and it was late night milk for me. As I was absorbed with Ken Follett novel EYE OF THE NEEDLE , I had totally forgotten to drink that glass of turmeric milk.

Next morning spouse found the glass empty but still left on the table. She was unhappy that I had not bothered to put it in sink for wash. When she questioned me, I told her that I had not taken the milk at all. Then only it struck spouse & I that it was our pet cat Google in frozen white colour had emptied it and left the glass tumbler carefully.

Other day she delivered sextuplets underneath staircase where collection of old books were stacked in card board boxes. With those cartons of books those kitten and google were delivered through a lover of animals to Red Cross. Presence of “google” gave relief to us from bandicoots and huge rodents and rats.

Spotting cats staring in darkness during night at times gives shiver. Their eyes seems like radium dial watches.

Cats are donning a great place in idioms in English literature. Cat calls heard from last benchers.

upload_2021-6-22_14-19-40.jpeg

Few Gem stones named after cat like cat’s paw. Siamese cat comes to mind.

In the movie OMEN cat’s appearance used to be quite eerie.

Yes. I know you must be wondering what could be the trigger for writing about cat now. It is a video. A cat nudges his master for cow’s warm milk direct from udder:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    messedup likes this.

2. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

It happened a few days ago a dog was running after the cat and it was so horrible to see the cat running with such fear. She came hurriedly and climbed our main gate and was breathing heavily. My husband made the dog run away and then instructed the cat to go after a minute.

While construction of our house many times the roadside cats used to come to our home and it also gave birth to small babies. We used to feed them for few days upto the day they become able to leave the place.

Now the construction work is complete and we have not left any place for them.

Your thread reminded me of those days when my kids used to play with small kittens and we clicked their lots of pictures with them.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Catty wampus - The place where things are in disarray. Good collection of idioms.

4. Thyagarajan

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to know your house construction and warming completed. God bless your family and you with peace more prosperity and keep you all in robust health.

My son smelt of non-veg in pipe running water and so he used can water for his mouth wash in the morning. After lifting the slabs, I inspected into the overhead tank for any squirrels. None was there. Then I suspected something had fallen into the well.

A plumber found cat had fallen from the nearby mango tree branch into the open well. It was removed, water drained out, detachable cover to well was made, mango tree trimmed off it’s branches: and all these left me poorer by a couple of thousands of rupees. Squirrel dodged the cat and cat had slipped off from the mango branch. OMG.

messedup likes this.
  5. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Animals world, go around us but we observe only sometimes with such instances. Don't know how much they observe us.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

This post was titled based on the video which I had uploaded. Utube has informed today that it has been removed as per their policy/regulations.

It was further stated therein that the removal could have been handled by their automated mechanism when pandemic enforced shortage of manpower prevails.
    It states also that If I wish, I can appeal for reconsideration for restoration of the video. But there is a rider too.

Inconvenience if any felt by readers here is deeply regretted.

Thanks and Regards.

messedup likes this.