1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Getting Ocd About Periods And Cleanliness. What To Do ??

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by EagerForInfo, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

If you keenly see; cleaning the shower and clothes etc is stressing you more than the periods itself ( which should actually take the priority).

Can you please go for an professional OCD test. I am not saying you will come out with diagnosis. You may,you may not ;but even if you end up with OCD diagnosis; isnt it a good thing that you will address it from now on?.

People usually dont lock restrooms until they are clean ( personally I secretly wish they do!). This is not a thing that people will prioritise. Do you get what I am saying?

2. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

As I see it - you have two problems - the flow itself and the other is your obsession about it.
    For #1 go to a gynecologist.

#2 Meditate. Periods is NOT dirty. You have to internalize this thought. Can you have children without having your periods? Mankind (irony of the situation that the human race is called mankind when it can’t exist without womankind) exists because of women and women get periods because they have the womb to sustain the next generation of our race. You really need to focus on weeding out the ‘dirty period’ thought.

deepthyanoop likes this.
  3. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Exactly... periods itself is hell and when you add the cleanliness issue to it its a nightmare.. so yes like you say.. for me the cleanliness is bothering me a lott.... But.. if its OCD it should exist on normal days too? Heavy periods caused this issue when you can witness everything that can go wrong.. I noticed due to wearing overnight pads everytime I used the toilet it would flip back and stain the front of the toilet seat.. which I never ever noticed in my 30+ years life cause I just started using the overnight pads recently.. I feel helpless.. seriously.. But what is the solution? I agree with all your repliess.. just not sure how to snap out of it.. I was perfectly fine before covid.. all this started shortly before covid.. hopefully gods attempt to keep me focused on hygiene.. hopefully...

4. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Thank you for this reply.. I went to gyneacologist finally after a long wait.. and this is exactly what she suggested.. so hopefully I am on the right path. I was getting chest pain during periods last month so was kind of desperate.. I haven't started this yet but just remembered ur post when doc suggested this.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  5. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

How are your iron levels? Start a course of iron pills. Heavy bleeding can cause iron deficiency.

6. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Low. I have been talking iron and vitamin d

7. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I definitely don’t have ocd. My friends come to my house and look at how messy I keep it. They commented how I can stand it being so messy and they wondered if they have ocd themselves since they keep house clean all times. If a person has ocd wouldn’t a messy house bother a person? So no OCD for me knock on wood☺️
    Glad to have that clarified.

But... everything about periods is driving me crazy. What would you do ??? I just want to clarify things for myself so hopefully I can solve this nightmare problem. I have set a side a bucket to wash dirty undergarments. After washing clothes in it I wash the bucket again with soap.But this time I was exhausted. So I thought I’ll do it later. Forgot the bucket wasn’t clean yet and touched it and didn’t wash hands and now I’m disinfecting everything I touched without washing hands as soon as I realized that. What would u do ?

also some of the water splashed into my hair while washing the underwear so do I wash my hair??? But it’s the second day if period. Neither do I have the energy or stamina to do that now. I’m in my 30s. I’ve never experienced such hell with regards to periods before in addition to the heaviness and periods issue itself this is 1000 times torture. Advice please. I can ask my friends but I’m sure they will get irritated if I ask such questions. Any one interested in answering my questions please do if ur not no offense taken. Thank you :)

8. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Hi, OCD is not necessarily related to cleanliness of home..
    Different people have different obsessions and compulsions..but when this goes out of hand beyond certain limit and affected your health and well being only it’s an issue.
    You may have a specific obsession with menstrual hygiene and blood..that needs to be checked.
    A full course of iron and multi vitamins along with hormonal meds will help in controlling the bleeding.

9. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Did you consider switching to a menstrual cup? Several people have mentioned it's good. Of course, you can use sanitary pads for backup. I am not sure what is your issue here - messiness or menstruation? For messiness, there is only one solution. Routine. Allocate a specific time of your week only for household. Use a laundry basket. Why do you need to put your clothes in a bucket and wash the bucket? Just toss them in the washing machine, wash them at the end of your menses. Or wash them immediately with your hand. Messiness is a big problem with me as well. But that's because I cannot allocate a fixed time for routine. It's another story why I can't do it now. Should have incorporated right from the beginning but I didn't. Now I cannot, because people are too resistant to change. That's a situation unique to me. Stop hoarding, dispose stuff you don't need. Clean up immediately, don't postpone stuff. Some women have heavy periods, you may be one of them. Take care of your health. Make a habit of washing your hands once you visit the washroom for anything, washing clothes or taking a bio break, anything.

10. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Ok, more than menstruation it is messiness that is torturing me.. Lets start tackling the issue step by step. I am using overnight pads even in daytime... everytime I change them I noticed the back flips and stains the toilet bowl. That grossed me out initially and even now. Next after I take a shower the floor is still messsy. We have a fixed showerhead. You can google walk in showers and I have the same exact one. There is no way to clean it. I cannot stand exactly under the shower for the duration of shower.. if I walk to get soap or something the floor in the walk in shower gets messy but there is no way to clean it. Ive been using this shower for 8 years now. I don't know what I did before. Or did I not notice it? But the summary is how do I solve this now? After I noticed this I have told everyone not to use this shower.. it is only for me as I will wash my legs just before exiting shower. Its baffling and agonizing not knowing how to handle this. A bucket takes one hour to fill in walk in shower so I cannot use a bucket to clean it.. A cup is not enough.. Ugghhh.. there must be millions of people in US walk in showers they should know .. someone should have an answer..