1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hap Hap Happy Father’s Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

TO ALL MY FOLLOWERS IN THIS IL , LET ME WISH
    HAPPY FATHERS DAY.
    THOSE WHO WISH TO RECORD THERE DOWN THE MEMORY LANES INVOLVING THEIR DAD
    THEY can happily post it here.
    I remember my DAD everyday. Something or other would cross my mind that would trigger happenings with dad in the past.

However the most unforgettable together- moment with my dad was events few minutes before he breath is last. When regular barber took leave, I gave him the face shave while spouse helped me along side. Few minutes later I gave him hot water bath. He took that scented veeboodhi from beneath his pillow applied on his forehead. He then applied it on my forehead raised his hands and blessed. He was 99+. a few minutes later the barber turned up went in to see him came out cupping his mouth sobbing. He announced “ Dady is no more”. I narrated this in a post few years ago here in IL.

ANOTHER anectode evergreen in my memory- involving dad is narrated in

Dad Is Dad, Son Is Son But Mom Is......

2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I remember my Dad for everything he did for his 5 children.

Thyagarajan and KashmirFlower like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thank you Sir.
    With many siblings, home is events GALORE. I lacked this and how I wished for many elder sisters and the younger ones.

I find well to do couple with lots of children and remain well knit decades after. They speak of their experience in hobnobbing with their umpteen cousins spread all over the globe including 36th parallel.

They get wider perspective and knowledge of affairs of the world and life and generally found abreast with latest too.
    With limited wherewithal modern dads restrict production from hitherto two to one now.
    China relaxed rules a bid to produce one more kid addition. Incentives offered in welfare schemes for dads producing more kids in Australia. Production of More male kids encouraged in middle east countries by offering roles in cask and kind to dads.
    Guinness records mention names and their nation of who fathered many children!

HariLakhera likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

5. Thyagarajan

Don’t know why Dad is always lagging behind.
    1. Mom carries for 9 months, Dad carries for 25 years, both are equal, still don’t know why Dad is lagging behind.
    2. Mother works without pay for the family, Dad spends all his pay for the family, both their efforts are equal, still don’t know why Dad is lagging behind.
    3. Mom cooks whatever you want, Dad buys whatever you want, both their love is equal, but Mom’s love is shown as superior. Don’t know why Dad is lagging behind.
    4. When you talk over the phone, you want to talk to Mom first, if you get hurt, you cry ‘Mom’. You will only remember dad when you need him, but did Dad never feel bad that you don’t remember him the other times? When it comes to receiving love from children, for generations, don’t know why Dad is lagging behind.
    5. Cupboards will be filled with colorful sarees and many clothes for kids but Dad’s clothes are very few, he doesn’t care about his own needs, still don’t know why Dad is lagging behind.
    6. Mom has many gold ornaments, but Dad has only one ring that was given during his wedding. Still Mom may complain of less jewellery and Dad doesn't. Still don't know why is Dad lagging behind.
    7. Dad works very hard all his life to take care of the family, but when it comes to getting recognition, don't know why he is always lagging behind.
    8. Mom says, we need to pay college tuition this month, please don’t buy a saree for me for the festival whereas dad has not even thought of new clothes. Both their love is equal, still don’t know why Dad is lagging behind.
    9. When parents become old, children say, Mom is at least useful in taking care of household chores, but they say, Dad is useless.
    Dad is behind (or ‘at the back’ ) because he is the backbone of the family. Because of him, we are able to stand erect. Probably, this is the reason why he is lagging behind....!!!
    Dedicated to all the DADS of the group.

6. Thyagarajan

Many dads celebrity now risen from humble beginnings except the one is not dad. You can guess.
    upload_2021-6-20_16-3-6.jpeg
    upload_2021-6-20_16-7-0.jpeg

What is the common denominator of their meteoric rise to the celebrity status?
    Yes you guessed it right as always. They were having the NEVER GIVE UP attitude from their childhood.

Attached Files:

7. Thyagarajan

Ref my post at #1.
    I mentioned about barber who announced dad-is-no-more & I wrote few years ago about that moment here.

I just searched and got the thread. Here is the link. I hope my followers would love to read it again.
    Spouse & I With Dad - A Surgical Operation

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Thyagarajan,

Thank you for giving me an opportunity to recall my dad through this thread on a Father's Day. I lost my father when I was 33 years old (34 years back). He died on Ganesh Chathurthi Day in 1987 as he was a worshiper of Lord Ganesha everyday for many years. He was a perfect role model for me to follow. He had excellent work ethics and led his life as an example for us to emulate. He showed his love throught actions more than words. He belonged to the first batch of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineer from the Guindy Engineering College where his father was the principal. He woke up everyday at 4:30 a.m. to do Yoga and Meditation. I had never seen him sick even a day because of his daily routine. He never rested throughout the day and used to be always active.

He had a work-related injury to his kidneys because of constant inhalation of Ammonia. He suffered from chronic renal failure in 1986 and went through multiple dialysis. Dr. M.K.Mani was his doctor. We were planning to do kidney transplant for him. But he died in August 1987 much before we could reach that stage. I had a golden opportunity to spend 11 months with him when he was in his deathbed. He showered not only his love for me but also with a lot of insights about how to conduct my life going forward. When he was diagnosed with renal failure, I was worried about how you would react. He took it so easily and told me that he had raised two wonderful children. He was confident that we both would settle down well.

Thyagarajan and Gauri03 like this.
  9. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

There are plenty of posts in IL that describe difficult domestic lives, with details of how horrible the male householder of the family has been for (sometimes even the last ) 10 years or more. Most of these posts also contain the phrase "but he is a good father".
    Low standards for adequacy makes a father's day easy to "celebrate".

Thyagarajan likes this.