1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Wisdom Tooth Pain Or Root Canal.

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Ria95, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Ria95

Ria95 New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I had to undergo root canal treatment in the upper molar recently. I went to the doctor with jaw pain, X ray was taken and was told that I need root canal in upper molar and the adjacent wisdom tooth should be removed. Root canal was done and permanent crown was placed . It was a single sitting root canal and immediately permanent crown was placed .
    Even 4 weeks after I was feeling discomfort and mild pain so went back and the doctor said it must because the crown was high and he fixed my bite, also he said the pain may be because of the cavity in the wisdom tooth too and needs to be removed.
    Iam fine with removing the wisdom tooth but I have a feeling something is not right with the root canal that was done . Anybody experienced a cavity in wisdom tooth? Could you please share your experience? How does the pain feel like?
    not sure if I have to take a second opinion on the root canal that was done! He is not my regular dentist, my dentist office is closed permanently due to covid so had to go to a new dentist.

2. Ria95

Ria95 New IL'ite

Thank you for the reply, from what you described I don’t think it’s my wisdom tooth! Not sure and this pain is driving me crazy.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You shouldn’t have pain in the root canal tooth itself because the nerve should have been removed. In fact it should give you relief. Wisdom tooth cavity will hurt like any other cavity. I would seek a second opinion.

4. Ria95

Ria95 New IL'ite

I don’t think the pain is originating from the root canal, as I said i went to the doctor with jaw pain, ear pain and pain at my temples. All on the left side , all classic symptoms of TMJ , Sometimes the pain was being felt in the lower molar,but the doctor took a CBCT and said I have infection in my upper left molar and that needs root canal, he said the jaw pain and all other symptoms are from that tooth, he said the pain I was getting in the lower molar was referred pain.
    Now after root canal, I had no relief, same jaw pain and headaches, 3 days back he corrected the crown fitting and since then headaches have gone but still have jaw pain and sometimes my teeth on other jaw are hurting too. I strongly feel it’s TMJ but my doctor is asking me to remove the wisdom tooth and see if the pain goes away, meanwhile I maxed out of my dental insurance. Not sure what to do.

5. Ria95

Ria95 New IL'ite

Also, when I was there for the crown correction, he checked my root canal tooth, he tapped on it and I had no pain. So he said the root canal tooth is good, he feels it’s either the high bite or the wisdom tooth.