Gabfest: And Thereby Hangs A Tail

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Cimorene, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Gauri03,
    I'm in the middle of thoughts whenever I sit for meditation. So, I thought of meditation didn't suit for me. Your elaborate reply made sense for me and Thank you. I will start with baby steps and remember what you said in mind.:laughing:

Thyagarajan and Gauri03 like this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Thyagarajan sir :blush:

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@shravs3
    Oh no! How I missed this very sweet news of you. Wishing you all lots of love as you start life as a new family. May God bless you and your precious baby.:grinning:

shravs3 and Anusha2917 like this.
  4. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

@shravs3 Our lil baby of IL having a baby of her own ... this is huge ... Congratulations! and Wishing you All the very best!

Anusha2917 and shravs3 like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

6. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

:shocked: :shocked: Brutal!

7. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is hard but based on the past 13 days not impossible. Imma do this. I do enjoy a challenge! :number_one:

SunPa and Kohvachn like this.
  8. Kohvachn

Kohvachn Gold IL'ite

Should change the title to Hardcore! :eek:

Recollecting...last year when I was doing something a #100days challenge (though not hard as this) think by day80+ I was super close to quitting, wishing for it to be over already. The commitment, dedication, and discipline it called for every day was demanding and at times frustrating much given busy days or bad mood days. When I was finally done, I realized my works have consistently improved, also my confidence thanks to these #100days. Now it has become my zen thing to do effortlessly and I enjoy this hour of the day like 'a slow rum night' if you know what I mean! :tongueclosed: 100 long days but I'm glad I didn't quit. Love your spirit. Go, babe! Here to Cheer. :beer-toast1:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

An young disciple sought help from his guru for doing meditation. He did say that he tried in vain as train of thoughts disturb and distract him .

The guru told him some points about how to proceed with meditation, how it is to be attempted in relaxed manner and remain steadfast with the goal of doing it for fixed hours. Finally, guru told him that under no circumstances he should think about “MONKEY”.

The young disciple next day at a particular hour began practising meditation observing all that was told by his guru. He did close his eyes trying to concentrate taking care not to think of MONKEY.

HE later realised FOR A LONG TIME he had been concentrating thinking only about monkey not to cross his mind!

Next day he went to his guru said it was all futile and again he could not concentrate and thought of monkey turned his mind obsessed only with monkey.

The guru in response told him to look beyond that. He was not disturbed at all by any other extraneous thoughts and he was only able to concentrate all the time better about only “Monkey” and nothing else.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  10. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

All that hard work took you from doodling on IL to a fan following on Instagram! Good going! :clap2: I’ve already told you I would pay $$$ for some of your illustrations. : )

Thyagarajan and Kohvachn like this.