1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Stay Productive All The Time?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Jun 13, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Do you keep busy all the time?
    Do you make sure every moment of your day is spent fruitfully?
    How can one stay productive all the time?

Swetha52003 and Thyagarajan like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@anika987

I will share my experience as part of answering these questions not necessarily in the same order.

By focusing completely on everything I do. It has become a habit that I need to have a great sense of fulfillment in everything I do however small the task is. It fills time more than what I have. Besides my professional work, I do a lot of other activities to keep myself busy. That includes a) teaching the children as to how to build a flawless character, b) reading a lot of content on any topic from time to time, c) taking a walk enjoying the nature, d) playing with my pet Orion from time to time, e) cook for my family, f) clean the house whenever possible, g) participate in spiritual study circles, etc. My mind is constantly engaged in something or the other not allowing my mind to engage in thoughts that are negative in nature.

I am not sure I can answer whether every moment of my day is spent fruitfully. I can only say that most moment are enjoyable and used with a purpose. I only measure the actions by the processes I practiced in performing those actions as opposed to measuring them by the results. I do have plans and goals but I focus more on the process of executing those plans and if they don't produce fruitful results according to my mind, I move on rather than considering it as a setback. Sometimes, I don't know what is best outcome of my actions.

I am mostly calendar driven but do have some slot kept open to pursue anything personal. I assign those times for spending with my family even if it involves a lighter or serious conversation. I listen more when the family members talk even if it involves correcting my actions. Considering my age, I am awake at 6 a.m. and go to bed at 10 p.m and continue to keep myself busy throughout the day.

Giri12, SCA, Swetha52003 and 4 others like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the wonderful reply..

Sometimes when I clean up the home only to see it become a mess again and again..don’t know why the heck I even try hard!

These are the times when I feel if am even doing anything useful in life !!

4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

As you would be knowing, I am an empty nester senior , with only myself and husband staying. There are times when I too would feel, there is no point in maintaining the routine of regular cleaning up and only essentials would do. However, ever since i resigned from my job, I had made a schedule of monthly, weekly and daily cleaning/ maintenance needs for the home and continue to do it although we have very few visitors.
    The satisfaction of clean surroundings itself will give us the feeling of comfort and relaxation. Being fruitfully occupied does not mean only doing work or things for others. Time spent enjoying what you like is also, time fruitfully spent.
    So I suppose you need not worry about not being productively occupied all the time, as long as you try to derive satisfaction in what you do for others as well as yourself.

5. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I make my routine super busy like wake up early do exercise, read newspaper, clean home, cook fresh meal everytime, teach kids very seriously etc etc etc. But in few days start getting irritated as everything goes opposite of what I want. Like my h sometimes interrupt with his demands or some other family member who disturb my routine with the feeling that I have nothing fruitful to do all the day or kids don't co-operate.

I then start taking break from each work one by one and start living free life where I don't put much efforts to anything. Like I sit idle for long with my phone or watch some movie. Then again after some time I start feeling emptiness and get back the desire of doing something. Then again I slowly start making myself busy.

I need to learn how to go with what you want with non cooperative environment.

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Home is not a factory to mass produce where productivity concerns are headache of the chief. Minimum time maximum production - is not the maxim for home lovers. Stretch work ; do it at leisure.

In a home filled with love and affection, where every one love what they do things automatically reach the fruition in good time. No need to race with the goal of productivity and then sit with tight heart.

Seemingly idle yet agenda is cleared is the beauty of any hovel.

Is it that someone there expects you to do all the household & office work and keep busy yourself with that all the wakeful hours, better you plan to question them.

Delegate like CEO and stay like queen of the house! Let others bother about the productivity.

As for me, like majority, I always seemed idling (at leisure) but I involve in every aspect of family life from dawn, till I go to sleep at near mid-night!

7. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

"I need to learn how to go with what you want with non cooperative environment."
    @messedup , yes there are plenty of such issues and it does get our back. But at certain times, we just have to go ahead for our own sanity and cant keep pleasing all around.

8. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Yes you're right but I can't stand on manipulated and pretended words. Finding it difficult to learn. I was conscious of why some people don't like me but now I know that they like only those who can pretend. This is not the topic of the thread so ending it here only.

But still trying to be productive and do everything as per my ability.

9. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

We do not need to be productive every second of the day... the down time in between productive is an essential for the brain, speaking based on neuroscience..reflection, sitting idle, gazing out of a window.. all are fruitful in long run

10. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

I used to be a person who get upset if I am wasting even a minite or 'do nothing'.These days I dont intend to make my whole day productive rather I look for making it more joyful and relaxed.I spend my time sitting out in the verandah looking at new flowers in the garden ,people dog walking and many more.I am more productive these days making my life stressfree..:) I am not that perfectionist any more

Giri12, Viswamitra, messedup and 2 others like this.