1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If I Don't Like You, I Do Not Like You.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, May 30, 2021.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I liked it because I agree to what you said.

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Totally agree. But when one realizes what is happening, it is time to sit back and try to be as objective as possible about the person

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

One tend to dislike a person through hearsay or his demeanour is not appealing. Nathuram Gotse disliked Mahathma Gandhi the moment he was convinced that the latter would destroy Hindus or Hinduism. Hitler disliked Jew because he was convinced that the latter’s Presence in Germany doesn’t board well.

A person countenance grotesque and so other dislikes. A colour tan difference could generate aversion and dislikeness for the other. Black may like white. White money likes black money too. An elder may takes away major share of the “Pai” so the younger one instantly dislikes him.

Generally, DILs invariably instantly dislike MILs - because it is drilled into their heads MILs are scheming and katharnak wallis.

The corollary too found to be true. A person liked X and after few days x turns into “sour grapes”.

But smartmen that includes attorneys do study before liking any one. You guessed it right. Strange liking do happen. A young one like the damn old. A Hema choosing dharma or a Vyjayanti clings to a baldi Bali.

Rama had one glance. SITA too had one glance at Rama. Instant like & love. It was beyond colour complexion. If Sita was not lifted and taken away by Ravana, would he by liked by Rama. A strange hypothetical question to me by a kid!

HariLakhera likes this.
  4. HariLakhera

Yes there is always a reason to rethink. At times, it is too late.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. HariLakhera

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I got it. Your “like” here means you liked my comments on which ....

HariLakhera likes this.
  7. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Agree! People usually have an "ideal" of "how-when-where-what" in mind and tend to dislike anyone who doesn't fit into that "ideal".

Sometimes, yeah, we dislike someone without even knowing a bit about them. We just do it and maybe we cannot help ourselves. World is a big place and we may not like everyone. But, It is very unreasonable of us when our "dislike without a reason" affects that person in any way.

Thyagarajan and HariLakhera like this.
  8. HariLakhera

There is always a reason for like or dislike. If you like or dislike a person and he or she does not know or care about it, it makes no sense. The worst situation is when we do not like a person for his religion, color or creed. This happens quite often these days. We carry preconceived ideas about certain category of people because of our bias.

Thyagarajan likes this.