1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Dog's Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, May 23, 2021.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Why dogs? Most humans prefer security to freedom. certainties, real or imagined to uncertainties, sweet fiction to harsh realities.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee,

We see both extremes in Tamilnadu. One set of people carry the idols in procession and slap them with their chappels to make the worshipers feel terrible and also perform thread ceremonies to pigs to denigrate the Brahmin community. Other extreme is enforcing the human way of life into the dogs like Ashrama life. They are not made to go through, Brahmacharya, Grahasta, Vanaprastha and Sanyasa life like it was suggested for humans. Besides by neutering/spaying these pets without their consent, we are already imposing human requirements on these pet animals.

Orion, our pet is fed Chicken and Vegetable Stew every day morning and evening. We don't give him any table food. If he eats any table food, he gets pancreatitis. But even after eating full quota of his food, he still looks for table food always. The best part is the food prepared for pets have all the vitamins and minerals pets need in the right composition so that we don't have to worry about giving them right and nutritious diet. If we are feeding table food, then, we need to balance their diet with carb, protein and fiber besides all vitamins and minerals. Most importantly, we need to make them run around to have solid physical activities everyday irrespective of what we feed them. Frankly, Orion has the best food, excellent medical insurance policy and an outstanding grooming appointments.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

I thiml this is the first time anyone has gone to town on brahmanizing a pooch/

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

That is interesting. How do you make frogs take seven hops around the fire without hopping into it?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

There are veg readymade dog foods. Dogs, unlike cats are omnivorous. So meat is not an essential ingredient. Dogs love milk and milk products but ask any vet, . They will tell you that dairy product are not suitable for dogs! Jimmy lived for 14 years with us and exactly at 10 in the morning if she did not get her dose of milk, she'd create a ruckus. The joke was Jimmy had an alarm clock in her stomach that was set at 10 AM! Dog foods enable us to feed our pets non-veg with a clean conscience . They don't look as if they came out of animals that were once alive.

joylokhi and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balaji,

I have got to admit that I am a dog lover, not account of its caste, but because it's man's best friend. But my wife doesn't agree. So, sorrowfully enough, a dog never spent a night under our roof. Hope this is not a sin.

oj

joylokhi and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa. a dog called onion? Hope you don't have a cat called garlic too. That is a novel way of naming pets surpassed only by an ex-neighbor of mine wjo named his German Shepherd Subramaniam. Anyway that is a welcome relief from Tommys, Brunos and caesars. Our late lab Jimmy used to be fed boiled vegetables along with non-vegetarian readymade dog food. Lot of dog lovers are so irrtional that they try to humanize their pets. There are pet shops in Delhi that sell designerwear for dogs! Dogs are endowed with natural sweaters but still people make them wear coats in winter!

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee, Our pet’s name is ORION. He is named after a constellation.

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

oops sorry I wasn't wearing my specs when I read your FB. Orion is a great name, after the legendary Greek hunter who was turned into a constellation.

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

A SIL out of love for her MIL christened her pet Dober hound after MIL’s alias name jaankey(Janaki)!