1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Parenting A Profoundly Gifted Child!

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by nuss, May 27, 2021.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Responding to the tag.
    I have warbled about some related aspects before, in this thread here, and elsewhere, on threads I am unable to find. Repeating myself and quoting myself are both equally embarrassing, so I opt for the lazier route. :wink1:
    More later, as I think of it.
    :beer-toast1:

nuss and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Veteran and versatile actor Kamal Hasan claims that he seemed to have had the attributes when he was in his mom’s womb. His mother used to listen to and play lots of music during the time she bore KH IN WOMB.

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I loved starting a reading routine early with both babies. Reading to them has definitely not harmed them! Regardless of ability, we can teach our babies young. It does benefit them. I personally love the touch and feel flash cards or books. Also the books that can’t be destroyed by babies. Many varieties out there. Our favorite is good night moon. We also found good night trucks, planes, construction vehicles etc for my son who is into vehicles.

Playing classical music is a great thing for babies. I’ve done it for both of mine. They both seemed to self soothe if music was being played.

I also personally think it’s best to not give young kids any amount of device time, regardless of how educative. Traditional books and toys are the best things for them. There are baby Einstein videos out there that people play for babies but I’m very skeptical about those. I’d rather they play in the park or look at a picture book!

4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the suggestions @Laks09. Already bought few touch and feel books.. More on the way :blush:

nuss and Laks09 like this.
  5. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

I didn't quite follow the train of thought leading to KH's shenanigans in utero. You're going to have to explain it to me someday!
    :beer-toast1:

Viswamitra, nuss and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Glad you find it helpful!

Anusha2917 likes this.
  7. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

@shravs3- We starting reading to the kids in the hospital :). It is good to introduce children to books early on. I feel when the kids start connecting reading with calm, reading becomes their habit. Board books with flaps and touch/feel kinds are great for infants and toddlers. We also have bathtub books made out of plastic pages so you can dry them after the bath. My kids loved their bath books. Short stories (1-2 sentences per page) are great for 2-3 years old (their attention span is not that long) and by the time the child is in preschool (3-5 years), they enjoy a bit longer stories esp. repetitive/rhyming stories which help them learn to read.

it's never too early to read to the kids! Happy parenting!

shravs3 and Anusha2917 like this.
  8. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

No worries @sokanasanah! I also mostly deal with the 18-22 age group and don't have much experience with the younger kids.

9. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

I agree with @Laks09! Just adding a few of our favorites for little ones- Good night Moon is a classic. We also loved- But Not the Hippopotamus, Pookie books (there are many and they are all fun), and a lot of animal books.

I also think device time is not for the babies even if they seem to be learning. Books are their best friends! They can have a lot of fun by just turning pages!

shravs3 likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Learning in uterus by unborn
    Will my baby learn anything in the womb?
    Learning in stomach too possible As per story in Mahabharata. Kacha killed by asuras ashes mixed in alcohol and his guru Sukrachariar swallows it -chants sanjivini Manthra to revive the dead kacha. Kacha comes alive tearing stomach of his guru.

sokanasanah likes this.