Spin Off And Aftermath!

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Tubinbataye, May 26, 2021.

1. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am so much confused and stressed out coz whats happening at work. I work for a product company,recently a part of that been sold out and I have been sold too. Most of my colleagues quit. From my location, few from Europe, few from USA and this gives me chills whether am just taking things light and sitting or should I also look out! Its obvious change is tough, when it comes at organization level its little more messy until we get things sorted and in place. Not to mention people leaving adds more on my shoulder and am being the face of those failed developments, reasoning, mailing across the global about the push in the release plans. I had plans to stay in this job until retire as I hold a good position and no complaints other than the usual hiccups. I have spoke to my reporting manager and he gives me confidence(ofcourse! why not!) he says things are in control and the big picture is well planned, however we had a different roadmap and now things are turning a bit different, my horizon is expanding, I have knowledge gaps because more things on my shoulder. Looking out could be an option but every new job is a start from the scratch as am purely into product (irrespective of the years of experience)
    How should I deal with this? How do I cope? Any other suggestions? anyone been on my shoes before?

Last edited: May 26, 2021

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Your manager not leaving/left and he talked positively, I think you should make it to your advantage to grow by taking more responsibilities and show your knowledge and make yourself a critical person. Keep your manager informed on all the big things you are doing, as some folks left how you adopted to the situation. Keep monthly one-on-one meetings, may be for 15 minutes with your manager to give updates on your progress, ask lot of questions, in that call you will sense what should be your next step on every detail level.

Tubinbataye likes this.
  3. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Thank you for your suggestions. My manager already has a weekly with me for frequent touchbase and is making sure that I dont turn my back. We are in sync (I believe so). I will additionally reiterate my day to activities for more clarity and visibility.

Angela123 likes this.
  4. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

That's a great start. I think you should stay. Give it sometime and if things are still going south for you then start looking.

Tubinbataye likes this.
  5. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Would you change your mind if your Manager also leaves?

Think of the reason why you don't want to move. If it is because you have become comfortable in your current position, it is not really a good reason.

If you were looking for a job and you had to select this position which you are in, where there has been a team over-haul and the future is not clear, would you pick this?

Better to think ahead than be in a bad position and being forced to pick something. Start looking and if something comes along which is promising, decide if it would be worth switching. Even otherwise, you will get to test the market and find whether your skills are current and where you need to grow.

Tubinbataye likes this.
  6. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Thank you angela

Angela123 likes this.
  7. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

Manager leaving will give me more tough! with things happening around almost gives an entirely new atmosphere, new people, new business objectives, vision and a paradigm change in the focus. My view is these acquisitions and mergers are always messy, definitely the company wont shutdown, wondering whether should I see these changes as a passing cloud or people leaving as red flag! This is big world and opportunities are definitely there, if you ask me whether I'm comfortable here,I would say I have no much to complaint as there is no perfect job and everyday is different.
    "If you were looking for a job and you had to select this position which you are in, where there has been a team over-haul and the future is not clear, would you pick this?" This is indeed a good question.
    As an outsider I wouldnt be joining. Because it's usually not a good idea to join any org in TSA.

For now am trying not to panic and observing, as you said i'll prepare for more promising in sometime.Everything here is a learning, how to and how not to!

Angela123 likes this.