1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Covid-19 Vaccines - Updates And Questions

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Rihana, Dec 12, 2020.

1. sandhya2020

sandhya2020 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for all the tips !

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Do asymptomatic people have antibodies ?
    Can Corona virus coexist with antibodies within a person ?
    Can an anti-bodied person go off and sneeze on others to spread virus resistance ?

To me these questions sound like "can mosquitos have/catch malaria ?"

In today's corona related topics, this Dr. Campbell talked about some Italians who have had antibodies for the Sars2 corona virus way back in Sept 2019.

3. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Can Pfizer 2nd shot be taken during periods? Or good to wait and take after a week ?

4. Hopikrishnan

I have been reading Medscape recommended information about the AZ vaccine, and European Medicines Agency's [EMA] concern about blood clots in 6 women 18-50 (childbearing) age group. The vaccine has been given to 130000 people before it was halted for review. It is not clear if these women were/are taking birthcontrol pills. In any event, AZ vaccine has been halted for this gender/age group. Older men and women are free to take all available vaccines.

I don't particularly like the EMA's proposal to name this blood-clot phenomenon as if it would happen to everyone or it would happen with every vaccine. The proposed name would end up increasing vaccine reluctance. Why are scientists such idiots? They are proposing naming the condition "vaccine-induced prothrombotic immune thrombocytopenia (VIPIT)"

Yes you can. No need to wait. How did you feel after the first shot ?

5. Hopikrishnan

Here is an easy to understand brief about RNA , and messenger RNA pharmaceutical things, and how they are supposed to work with our cells. People in the west are getting either the m-RNA vaccines from Pfizer or Moderna. Or the old technology vaccine from Jenssen-J&J. Astra-zeneca is similar to the Jenssen-J&J vaccine in technology. This is the one that is made in Poone, and will be available in India. J&J vaccine is also going to be available in India, but much smaller quantities made in Hyderabad.

RNA Therapy: Current Status and Future Potential.

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Yes, you can. However be aware that there have been several reports of menstrual irregularities in women who have taken this vaccine. It’s not part of a study, just anecdotal reports. There have not been any adverse events otherwise.

7. Hopikrishnan

For the slightly educated lay person: The story thus far... A nice review from NATURE
    This shows where we are, how science pursues the protection of people, and how much we do not know yet. The future might have a number of challenges.

COVID research: a year of scientific milestones

8. Hopikrishnan

Are you familiar with the idea of a "California Girl" ?
    She is bubbly, can smile at strangers easily, and has a language that comes across as very friendly. Here is a California Girl explaining Ayurveda to a class at UC-SF. She has a regular Medical Doctor qualification, and is on the faculty of medicine, specializing in psychiatry.

Such a lot of Ayurvedic concoctions are being promoted for stopping the corona virus or treating the Covid-19 infection, I figured people might want to listen to someone with an accent that is familiar and not foreign. California is a lot more familiar to many of us than Calcutta can ever be.

9. Hopikrishnan

Nor-Adrenalin (AKA nor-Epinephrin):
    Even lay persons know, or have heard the word "adrenalin". It is the hormone generated in our body when we are excited, we sense danger, we are stressed out etc... It is also called the fight-or-flight hormone. Nor-adrenalin [called nor-Epinephrin in some countries] is also produced along with adrenaline. Together with adrenaline, norepinephrine increases heart rate and blood pumping from the heart. It also increases blood pressure and helps break down fat and increase blood sugar levels to provide more energy to the body so that the body can fight or run away. Adrenalin(or Epinephrine) is an ER drug, often administered to trauma patients.

In the following Video at 11:20, Dr. Susan talks about Australia, and what has been happening there. And about a research finding on Noradrenalin. When people are stressed and produce this neurotransmitter chemical in their system, their immunity drops. We have all known that people who are under a lot of stress can fall sick easily. However, the aussie researchers have found evidence that connects the noradrenalin level. [the "nor" prefix is known to chemists to denote one less N-methyl group in the chemical compound : norAdrenalin is One Methyl short of Adrenalin] We need this neurotransmitter for proper function, but too much of it would cause the immunity to drop.

We often see highly stressed out IL'ites write about their life in Covid lockdown, especially with harassing family members who demand service. This sort of anguished behavior is extremely counter protective to keep themselves safe.

Watch from 11:20 on the video...

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  10. Ria95

Ria95 New IL'ite

Hi, I recently took first dose of Pfizer shot and 2 hours post vaccination I got a small bruise like rash on the back of my left palm! I also had mild itching all over my body for few days! The rash went away on its own after few days as well! My doctor is asking me to take benedryl an hour before my second shot but the CDC doesn’t recommend taking benedryl, Iam little scared of taking the shot ! Did anyone experience anything like this? Also any one here in the healthcare suggest if it’s safe for me to take the second shot?